• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last Touch -- Detailing Spray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Last Touch -- Detailing Spray

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    For anyone reading this that uses Meguiar's Quik Detailer, next time you spray some onto your car, pay attention to how well the spray head atomizes the product.

The words, Exceedingly Well come to my mind.

I received an e-mail to day stating that the warehouse expects to be receiving the new secondary bottles for the new Detailer Line and as soon as they get them they will begin filling back orders.

Mike
    I agree Mike. The spray head gives you that fine mist, and spreads evenly well to the surface. In the long runs, this will actually save you money, by using less product.

Comment

Based on all the favorable comments (performance and price) in this thread about Last Touch, I would like to give it a try, but was wondering...

If I'm using NXT 2.0 or #21 2.0 as my LSP, would using Last Touch (or QD or M34 for that matter) as my "in-between details" detailing spray adversely effect the LSP's hydrophobic properties? Would I be better off sticking with UQD or M135 as my detailing spray?

(I'm only a hobbyist - personal cars, family and friends'.)

Thanks.

Last edited by gjohn28; Nov 11, 2008, 01:42 PM.
      2013 Highlander - black
      2010 TL - black

Comment

Originally posted by gjohn28 View Post
        Based on all the favorable comments (performance and price) in this thread about Last Touch, I would like to give it a try, but was wondering...

If I'm using NXT 2.0 or #21 2.0 as my LSP, would using Last Touch (or QD or M34 for that matter) as my "in-between details" detailing spray adversely effect the LSP's hydrophobic properties? Would I be better off sticking with UQD or M135 as my detailing spray?

(I'm only a hobbyist - personal cars, family and friends'.)

Thanks.

I'll let Mike answer the technical aspect of your question, but let me share my personal experience and the routine that works for me.

I use M21 2.0 wax on my own vehicle, and in between full washes I use Last touch at full strength either once a day, or every other day to remove dust from the car. After that, I then follow up with UQD to make sure I have the maximum amount of hydrophobic protection.

My wax lasts an extremely long time with this process (months), looks great, and doesn't get scratches from regular careful cleaning.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
          I use M21 2.0 wax on my own vehicle, and in between full washes I use Last touch at full strength either once a day, or every other day to remove dust from the car. After that, I then follow up with UQD to make sure I have the maximum amount of hydrophobic protection.
          Mark,

I do the same maintenance on my car except I don't follow up with UQD. How long do you go in-between full washes using using this system?

Mike
          Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

Thanks, Mark. Makes sense.

What about when you wash? Same thing - wash/LT/UQD or do you go straight to the UQD after washing?

2013 Highlander - black
            2010 TL - black

Comment

If you want to maintain the hydrophobic properties of the NXT or M21 then you should use either Ultimate Detailer or M135

Think of issues like this in AR Extremes to get an answer...

Will wiping a hydrophobic surface with a non-hydrophobic product increase the the hydrophobic properties of the finish?

If not, what's the opposite of increase?

The paint will always look good but if your not adding to the previously applied hydrophobic film then with continued use, which means with continued touching and wiping with a liquid and cloth, what's the opposite of adding?

This is called Extreme AR Logic, it's quite useful on discussion forums where some people are extremely AR. Note I'm not saying anyone in this thread is extremely AR, just saying this is a style of writing necessary for detailing discussion forums.

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks, Mark. Makes sense.

What about when you wash? Same thing - wash/LT/UQD or do you go straight to the UQD after washing?

I usually make it about a week to a week and a half with this method. If I miss 2 or more days I will NOT try and wipe it down, and instead do a full wash to be on the safe side.

After a wash I do go straight to UQD as there is no need for the extra lubrication of Last Touch.

Hope that helps.

And Mike, as much as you tried not to call me AR, I know you meant it- no worries, I'll take it as a compliment!

Comment

Mark - thanks again for the response.

I believe Mike was referring to my question as "AR," not your answer...
                  2013 Highlander - black
                  2010 TL - black

Comment

i just got a gallon of LT for Christmas and i like it better than any other of Meguiars Detailing sprays( even UQD)
                    Nick
                    Tucker's Detailing Services
                    815-954-0773
                    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
                      i just got a gallon of LT for Christmas and i like it better than any other of Meguiars Detailing sprays( even UQD)
                      It is a very good detailer - UQD is still on the top of my list... I would never give up LT for claying!!
                      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by gb387 View Post
                        It is a very good detailer - UQD is still on the top of my list... I would never give up LT for claying!!
                        Last touch is pretty good when it comes to claying. I use it for daily wipedowns of my truck and all I can say is WOW. It produces amazing results and is available for a very good price. I am considering ordering a 5 gallon jug when my 1 gallon runs out, its that good
                        Nick
                        Tucker's Detailing Services
                        815-954-0773
                        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I agree. LT is great for claying. I really like the look it gives the wifes car. But on mine, I like the look from #135.
                          quality creates its own demand

Comment

using it for claying and as drying aid. I like it even better then Final Inspection. It streaked on me before, but then I dilluted it with water 1:1 and it works very well. More economical this way too...I'm out though, have that bottle filled with Final Inspection, once I'll be running low, I'll stock up on another gallon of it. $16.99 from ADS, you cannot beat that!

Comment

Originally posted by supercharged View Post
                              using it for claying and as drying aid. I like it even better then Final Inspection. It streaked on me before, but then I dilluted it with water 1:1 and it works very well. More economical this way too...I'm out though, have that bottle filled with Final Inspection, once I'll be running low, I'll stock up on another gallon of it. $16.99 from ADS, you cannot beat that!
                              I used #21 for my LSP for the first time last saturday. Monday when I QD'd using LT I got a lot of streaking I hadn't gotten with #26. I think maybe I will try a 1:1 dilution and see if that makes any difference.

Mike
                              Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                                If you want to maintain the hydrophobic properties of the NXT or M21 then you should use either Ultimate Detailer or M135

Think of issues like this in AR Extremes to get an answer...

Will wiping a hydrophobic surface with a non-hydrophobic product increase the the hydrophobic properties of the finish?

If not, what's the opposite of increase?

The paint will always look good but if your not adding to the previously applied hydrophobic film then with continued use, which means with continued touching and wiping with a liquid and cloth, what's the opposite of adding?

This is called Extreme AR Logic, it's quite useful on discussion forums where some people are extremely AR. Note I'm not saying anyone in this thread is extremely AR, just saying this is a style of writing necessary for detailing discussion forums.

I did a quick google for Extreme AR Logic but could not find anything. I pretty much grasp what your getting at in your description, but I just wanted to explore the concept a little further. Any links you could point me to would be appreciated. TIA
                                Sam

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');