• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know your OBSESSED with a clean car when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: You know your OBSESSED with a clean car when...

-you wash the car everyday back from work.
    -you feel like exploding whenever it rains.
    -you drive while looking at every other cars to check how clean they are.
    -you talk no other then meguiars product.
    Yusri Omar
    Perfectshine Detail

Comment

LOL this is a great thread! I do many of the things which people here have said. It's good to see there's other people out there like me! Here's a couple more:

When you park your car in an under-cover carpark over 1km from work and walk for 15 minutes each way (and pay $110 per month for the priviledge) even though there's a carpark at work - just to make sure the car stays clean and safe.

When you detail your car inside the garage with the door closed to keep the dust away and so the neighbours won't think you're crazy for doing it so often.

When you drive around for 20 minutes at the mall looking for that perfect parking spot and end up parking it miles away - much to the disgust of your partner.

When you get p!ssed off when people write "your" instead of "you're"
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

$110 a month? Where are you getting such great rates inside Sydney??!!
        Gil A. Castillo

Comment

-wash your truck in the rain since it's raining everyday for the next 2 weeks,
          but then park your truck in the garage to dry off and do detail work.

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
            When you get p!ssed off when people write "your" instead of "you're"
            Hey, I get torqued when people use instead of periods!

And, what about people who indicate plural with a comma?

Comment

Originally posted by F-150 View Post
              -wash your truck in the rain since it's raining everyday for the next 2 weeks,
              but then park your truck in the garage to dry off and do detail work.
              I do that one. Especially since rain water is soft water and won't spot as bad as my hose. I still dry it, but sometimes water seeps out when I turn around. I wouldn't do this if I lived near an industrial area though for fear of acid rain.

Comment

ehh, I always follow up with last touch on all my washes anyway, plus yeah rain water is pure, but I gotta spot free water filter/softener too.

Comment

Is when you have one of these in your trunk just incase a you need to touch up.

Comment

Originally posted by WaspHunter View Post
                    $110 a month? Where are you getting such great rates inside Sydney??!!
                    It's not in the city of Sydney. It's in the suburbs - Rhodes.

My work colleagues don't understand but it gives me satisfaction and peace of mind.
                    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by STG View Post
                      Hey, I get torqued when people use instead of periods!

And, what about people who indicate plural with a comma?
                      Ok, if you want to get really technical, you shouldn't start a sentence with "And" and you shouldn't put a comma after the word "and".

Anything else?

Comment

Technically you can start a sentence with the word AND. And, you can use a comma after the word (and), you don't violate any grammer rules on either.
                        Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Originally posted by lilblkblt04 View Post
                          Technically you can start a sentence with the word AND. And, you can use a comma after the word (and), you don't violate any grammer rules on either.
                          Ok, this is way off topic but I've done a little research:

"You must not start a sentence with a conjunction" has been the mantra of many an exasperated English teacher...."

It seems that traditionally and to be absolutely correct, you can't start a sentence with "And". It also seems as though things are changing and it doesn't matter so much these days for some reason.

I know I'm right with the "your" and "you're" though.

Anyway, let's get back to the topic...

Comment

Originally posted by lilblkblt04 View Post
                            Actually, technically you CAN'T (not trying to be rude here).

davey g-force: I'm not sure exactly what you meant but I took it like this: people don't seem to care about correct grammar much any more. If that's what you meant, I agree with you. It seems to me that the English language is not spoken correctly much at all anymore. If that's not what you meant, sorry, lol.

Back on topic, you know you are obsessed with a clean vehicle when
                            -your sister has to ask you to stop detailing her motorcycle so she can ride it
                            -you tell your Dad (who used to detail cars when he was a kid) how to detail his motorcycle (he didn't take that to well lol)
                            -you ask your sister NOT to wash her car because you don't want any swirlies
                            -you critique the cleanliness (or lack thereof) of other cars as you drive past them
                            Lydia's Mobile Detailing
                            Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
                            2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo0903 View Post
                              When you serve around puddles like a skier running the downhill slalom...

When you will drive 5 miles out of your way to avoid even the smallest amount of road construction...

When having to drive down a dirt or gravel road is like being asked to harm yourself...

When you leave the clean car in the garage and take your other vehicle when the weatherman predicts rain...

That description fits me perfectly!

RamAirV1
                              2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                              2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

When your 3 year old nephew asks if "Grammy's car" has been washed buy you yet.

When the surface of your ride is so smooth, bugs can't walk up the side.

When the grass under the good shady area in your yard has for dead patches that line up with your wheelbase.

When your 3 year old nephew tells his mommy how good that Scratch stuff smells.
                                2005 GMC Sierra-Black(Oh Yeah it's Black )

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');