• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#38 Tire & Trim Dressing Gel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #38 Tire & Trim Dressing Gel

Just used #38 for the first time... I applied it as 2hotford had mentioned, use a foam applicator to apply let it set then wipe off. I will say this applies much easier than the GC Trim Detailer. It also seems to give a slightly better look over the GC, its not as "plasticy" looking. #38 is the way to go, I will have to wait and see on durability but I sure like the look now!

Tire & Trim Dressing Gel
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

You will still love it in the long run. It lasts a very long time and protects the part is is applied on very well.

#38-AWSOME STUFF!!!
    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Hey,

I am very happy that you like the #38! It is fantastic stuff!

I just tried it on some vinyl lettering on a RV, and it worked awesome!! I am finding new uses for it daily!!!

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

#38 ON NEW PLASTIC & RUBBER.

Can #38 be applied to new plastic and rubber as well to protect it. It has never been neglected, but I'm looking for something that will last.

Comment

Re: #38 ON NEW PLASTIC & RUBBER.

Originally posted by scott_04
          Can #38 be applied to new plastic and rubber as well to protect it. It has never been neglected, but I'm looking for something that will last.
          Yes, you can apply #38 to new plastic as long as it is clean.

#38 is one of the hidden heroes of Meguiars line-up.

Eric
          Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

Hi gb387:

Just used #38 for the first time... I applied it as 2hotford had mentioned, use a foam applicator to apply let it set then wipe off.
            What did you apply it to, tires or trim?
            Can you compare it to ASD?
            How does 38 compare to Endurance when used on tires?

Looking for some thing to use on plastic wheel wells and trim.

Been using GC Endurance on the tires and like it, would be nice to have one product for tires and exterior plastic.

Thanks

KTruck
            Make it Shine

Comment

Originally posted by KTruck
              Hi gb387:

What did you apply it to, tires or trim?
              Can you compare it to ASD?
              How does 38 compare to Endurance when used on tires?

Looking for some thing to use on plastic wheel wells and trim.

Been using GC Endurance on the tires and like it, would be nice to have one product for tires and exterior plastic.

Thanks

KTruck
              I really like #38 even more so, now that I have had more time to use it. I have never used it on tires... only plastic trim and rubber and its all good!

I have not used ASD either. Sorry really can't help.

I really like the look of endurance so I stick with that on my tires and it holds up well!
              Brandon

Comment

Can you buy 38 at a local parts store like Pepboys, Autzone, etc...? If not, where can I buy GC trim and detail?

Comment

Originally posted by radkonn
                  Can you buy 38 at a local parts store like Pepboys, Autzone, etc...? If not, where can I buy GC trim and detail?
                  Try NAPA or a local PBE which carries Meguiars complete line. NAPA or PBE will order Meguiars product which are not in the stock or part of the regular selection.

Eric
                  Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

I have had #28 almost a year now and it never misses a beat. I have not had any problems with the product running down the paint as some have said it may do.

I remove the excess with an old cotton towel and it leaves a nice rich look.
                    Brandon

Comment

Oh, I got talked into this by the guy at the PPG store, and I love it. It lasts for a month or more on my convertible top-just fantastic stuff!

Tom
                      As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');