• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G100 and Backing Plate Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G100 and Backing Plate Threads

Well, I just got my second G100 in the mail from ***. I also ordered a new backing plate with it. After opening up the box, I immediately started to thread the backing plate on. I noticed that the threads would not line up correctly, and the back plate would only make one full revolution when I tried to turn it, until it got caught on something on the threads.

I contated the place I bought it from, and he told me to bring the G100 to a machine shop to get it re-threaded. Well...I just spent 2 and half hours in rush hour traffic trying to make it to the shop before they closed, and lets just say they were closed when I got there.

I really NEED this G100 this weekend which I why I ordered it two weeks ago. So, I figured I'd come here for help. Has anyone else had a similar problem? How did you resolve it? Thanks for any help

Re: G100 and Backing Plate Threads

Originally posted by skitelluride531@cubs View Post
    Well, I just got my second G100 in the mail from ***. I also ordered a new backing plate with it. After opening up the box, I immediately started to thread the backing plate on. I noticed that the threads would not line up correctly, and the back plate would only make one full revolution when I tried to turn it, until it got caught on something on the threads.

I contated the place I bought it from, and he told me to bring the G100 to a machine shop to get it re-threaded. Well...I just spent 2 and half hours in rush hour traffic trying to make it to the shop before they closed, and lets just say they were closed when I got there.

I really NEED this G100 this weekend which I why I ordered it two weeks ago. So, I figured I'd come here for help. Has anyone else had a similar problem? How did you resolve it? Thanks for any help

if you are in that desperate of a need for it, get a tap and do it yourself or you could probably use a heli-coil too.

Nick

Comment

Re: G100 and Backing Plate Threads

Go to Lowes or Home Depot, get a 5/16" tap and die. Fix the backing plate and then return them for a refund on Monday. Done Deal!!

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');