• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's Water Based Dressing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiar's Water Based Dressing

Hi guys. I just bought some Meguiar's Water Based Dressing from their Detailer Line and I was wondering why the Meguiar's web site does have it there. It doesn't even come up if you do a search under products. I was just curious. Anyway I bought it from the ADS web site and it is a great product. I wanted to try something water based to see if it would help the problem that I get with other Meguiar's dressing streaking after it rains. No mater what I use and no matter how hard I buff after it soaks in, it would always run down the side of my paint. The product has a real nice smell and it can be diluted 1:1. I used it straight and I liked how it looks. I think I will try to dilute it to give it more of a #40 satin look. I'll let you guys know how it holds up to rain. I haven't had a chance to completely dress my truck yet. Thanks.

Re: Meguiar's Water Based Dressing

Originally posted by acsuppa View Post
    Hi guys. I just bought some Meguiar's Water Based Dressing from their Detailer Line and I was wondering why the Meguiar's web site does have it there. It doesn't even come up if you do a search under products. I was just curious. Anyway I bought it from the ADS web site and it is a great product. I wanted to try something water based to see if it would help the problem that I get with other Meguiar's dressing streaking after it rains. No mater what I use and no matter how hard I buff after it soaks in, it would always run down the side of my paint. The product has a real nice smell and it can be diluted 1:1. I used it straight and I liked how it looks. I think I will try to dilute it to give it more of a #40 satin look. I'll let you guys know how it holds up to rain. I haven't had a chance to completely dress my truck yet. Thanks.
    what is it, never heard of it, ads? found it
    Last edited by hammer55; Sep 22, 2006, 07:09 AM. Reason: found it

Comment

Originally posted by acsuppa View Post
      I was thinking of getting that my self but I have a few dressings in my collection already. I think All Purpose Cleaner + and Solvent Based Dressing is in the same boat as far as places to order from, its very limited.

EDIT: this post will help out: 4 New Bulk Products in our Detailer Line
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Thanks for the link gb387! Idon't know why Meguiar's doen't show it but I guess it real limited. ADS sells it in the Meguiar's Water Based Dressing spray bottle. I tried it full strenght then duluted 1:1 and I think it's a real good product/ I still think #40 is my favorite though. I haven't done my interior with the WBS yet. We'll see. Thanks for the replies

Comment

I notice that in the product description for the Water-Based Dressing it doesn't state anything about UV protection like #40. Can someone chime in on this?

Comment

After using the Water Based Dressing for a while now on both interior and exterior, I like it more and more every time. Gold Class was my favorite untill I tried #40. Now it's a tie between #40 and Water Bassed. The Water Based is what I was looking for in an exterior dressing. I ALWAYS had streaking problems after it rains. No matter how much I buff it off and it soaks in. The Water Based Dressing will wah off quicker then #40 but at least it doesn't streak. On interior, it leaves a nice satin finish thats not greasy. I deluite it 1:1.

Comment

Ah, so it is confirmed that Water Based Dressing does not streak ( especially if applied on exterior parts made of rubber trim, rubber bumpers etc?) after a rain?
              yep, so little posts, 'cause you guys have have made it easier for me, thanks!

Comment

I was using Hyper Dressing on the exterior plastic and rubber parts on my vehicles, but it didn't hold up after a rain. I really liked the look of it but didn't last. So no I'm using All Season Dressing on tires, wheel wells and plastic bumpers and body cladding and it lasts a lot longer, especially after it rains. I haven't had it streak yet coming off my plastic side view mirrors but they stick out a little ways from the body so that might be why. Now I just use HD on my engine compartments and interior. Both are great products!

Mike
                Extreme Clean Auto Detailing
                ...taking auto detailing to the Extreme!

Comment

Ya it doesn't hold very well after the rain but at least it doesn't streak. That's what I was after. NO STREAKING!! After it rain for a few days, it still had a little satin look to it. I haven't tried Hyper Dressing or All Season Dressing yet.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');