• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you satisfied with the Water Magnet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you satisfied with the Water Magnet?

I currently have 2 WM. When I only had 1 I was not to happy...it just pushed the water around. Then I did some reading on it and picked up a 2nd one. Now I was happy with them. But lately even with 2 its twice the work drying the vehicle and having to go BACK because it leaves water marks everywhere. I do rinse my car off with a low steady stream of water too. I think I may have to go back to the absorber. What is everyone's thoughts and I'm open to tips on how to use it better.

Re: Are you satisfied with the Water Magnet?

I think mine do pretty good. I have a bunch, and use 2 or 3 depending on how humid/damp it is. I dont wring them out as I go or anything, when one seems wet, I just grab a dry one.

I dunno, I just wash them after each use, no fabric softener... fold them up and use them again.

Maybe I have lower expectations, but they work better than any previous things i have used.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Removing most of the water is one thing, removing 100% of every single water droplet is another thing. If you're goal is 100% removal then a technique that works really well is a combination of the Water Magnets to remove a majority of the water using the Water Magnet and then remove any remaining droplets using Meguiar's Microfiber Super Suede Drying Towel.

This two step approach works really well on our black Pilot.

For 100% perfection you'll want to follow the drying of the car with a wipe down using a quick detailer or a spray wax.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I just received & used the Water Magnet this week (got it from ADS and their NXT Surpreme Car Care Kit). Anyway, I have to say I like it. From the picture on ADS, I wasn't sure about it. But after using it I'm sold. I'll keep using it and in the future will buy more.
        -Mike

Comment

I'm a Die-Hard "The Absorber" user, and have been forever. Its the only piece of detailing equip I still have from my pre-Meguair's days. I tried the Waffle Weave Water Magnet. I wasn't so much dissapointed with the performance, it just wasn't the same as my absorber.

I still use my WM, and yes, it gets better the more you use it, and it would work better if you had more than one. I still use mines for door jambs and messy jobs. Its a good product, just not my cup o' tea.

Comment

I've been debating on adding one of the towel wringers to my detailing tools. Looks like it would come in handy if you were doing a couple of cars at a time. Of course, I could buy a lot of WM's for the $90 plus shipping it costs so I may just add about 6 more WM's to the four I have and use more of them to dry the vehicles off. Now that I think about it, that makes more sense. Guess it's time to get the credit card out and email ADS.

Comment

I really like mine. I usually have one that I go over first to remove the bulk of the water then go back over it with a dry one. Ill wring the wet one out and keep using it to go over it first. Works out great, i do need another one though, they just cost to much.
              Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
              Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

I use the Absorber for a quick once over and then follow that up with a Water Magnet to pick up the remaining drops. I find this works very well!
                1968 Mustang Coupe Candy Apple Red
                1990 Limited Editon Mustang 5.0 Convertible (7UP Car)

Comment

I`m not extremely happy with mine but as large as my truck is I`m glad for any help I can get. It leaves behind water streaks without getting very wet and even mainly using a squeegee I`m normally wishing I have either a second one or something like an absorber by the time I`m done. One time when I started to use it it shed a bunch of little yellow fibers all over my black truck It stopped doing that and has never done it again but I`ve stopped machine washing it. I don`t really have anything to compare it to though. Seems to hold up real well though. My truck has a lot of plastic edging and paint chips that will catch fabric and it hasn`t ripped yet.
                  1986 4Runner 4wd
                  almost 200k miles
                  the legacy lives on

Comment

I like the water magnets so well I bought 6 of them... I think they are a great towel. Similar to Mikes process, I use them in combination with either a SS Drying Towel or Absorber depending on whats at arms reach. First get the majority of that water soaked up with the SS towel/Absorber then the Water Magnet then on to a QD'er for a final wipe and you have a 'perfect' looking finish.
                    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Can't say i was impressed with my first go with the water magnet,i bought one about a month ago after hearing great things about them.
                      Washed my Mercedes CLK320 and used the water magnet as per instruction,result?about a zillion tiny fibres stuck all over my freshly washed paintwork
                      I have since heard that a lot of people wash them before using them for the first time to get rid of any loose lint,i haven't used mine since but im willing to give it another go after washing it cause Meguiars products ARE good

Comment

I use a WM first for the majority of water...
                        then finish up with an huge MF towel
                        -Brad
                        Shine Masters Pasadena, CA
                        shine-masters.com

Comment

I use marine water magnets and love them.
                          My deal w/ my truck:
                          ss drying cloth for all plastic trim
                          marine water magnet (blot drying method, instead of draging the towel, to prevent scratching (ocd thing))
                          follow up with Last Touch.
                          = spot free

Then again I do use a Spot Free water filter/softener.

Comment

i only use them to dry my m3. why don't you try buying the cheapest electric leaf bloer you can find, and after blowing off the major water and nooks and crannys you will only need one wm.
                            Mike
                            The Shine Shop
                            410-833-1632
                            Reisterstown MD

Comment

The problem I have with the WM is that once I go over the car to remove a majority of the water and then bring out the 2nd WM to finish up the job I have so many areas of the car already with developing "dry steaks/spots" I do wash my car in the shade or garage. I was a 100% Absorber user and never had this problem. I liked what I had read about the WM and I do feel safer using it on my paint.. It's feels so gentle I see others have a problem with lint and fiber being left over...my WM's NEVER left any lint/fiber. But I don't like the fact I'm spending a tedious amount of time to dry my car. Dry...Dry again..dry again and remove the dry steaks/spots.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');