• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you satisfied with the Water Magnet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are you satisfied with the Water Magnet?

Originally posted by the shine shop View Post
    i only use them to dry my m3. why don't you try buying the cheapest electric leaf bloer you can find, and after blowing off the major water and nooks and crannys you will only need one wm.
    I have a very powerful shop vac I use to **** up the areas of my car that loves to hold water. To me using a leaf blower or the blower option on my shop vac does not seem safe as you are blowing water away but also disrupting the area around your vehicle that may just blow up dust in the air and eventually fall back down onto the paints finish.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
      Removing most of the water is one thing, removing 100% of every single water droplet is another thing. If you're goal is 100% removal then a technique that works really well is a combination of the Water Magnets to remove a majority of the water using the Water Magnet and then remove any remaining droplets using Meguiar's Microfiber Super Suede Drying Towel.

This two step approach works really well on our black Pilot.

For 100% perfection you'll want to follow the drying of the car with a wipe down using a quick detailer or a spray wax.

Would you say the Super Suede drying towel would be the equal of the Absorbor Mike? My car is black also and I want to use the safest drying product I can. I guess since the WM aren't working for me I should give the Super Suede a try. Oh..I always finish up my car wash with a shot of NXT spray wax.

Comment

Like Mike, I have a Black Pilot and i've been using WM since I bought it in June. It will take about 2 of them to get the car dry. I've noticed that when I first start drying, it doesn't pick up the water quite as well as when it starts to get a little damp. Then it's great. Once it gets too damp, I pull out another. Once I'm done drying, I then wipe the car down with NXT speed detailer. I've never had a single water spot.

The only complaint I have is it's a pain to do the roof. I have to stand on a footstool or a small scafold I have.

Comment

Leaf blower, Water Magnet, don't like to touch the car too much.
          SRT-10 Silver

Comment

one water magnet =

two water magnets =

but i gotta try the MF Suede thingie Mike talks about. i read about it a couple months ago but never got around to getting one.

good ol' Canada.

but yes i'm happy with two of them.

with one of them i seem to have more water spots that drive me insane.

Comment

I wasn't real impressed with the WM when I used it by itself. I found I had to follow it with microfiber to pick up the rest.

Mike
              Extreme Clean Auto Detailing
              ...taking auto detailing to the Extreme!

Comment

Originally posted by LS1MONSTER View Post
                Would you say the Super Suede drying towel would be the equal of the Absorber Mike?
                I used the Absorber since the first time I was introduced to it in 1988, it was my go-to drying tool. I still like it and would still use it today. At the same time, the Super Suede drying towel seems to perform just as well, so it's kind of personal preference.

Originally posted by LS1MONSTER View Post
                My car is black also and I want to use the safest drying product I can. I guess since the WM aren't working for me I should give the Super Suede a try. Oh..I always finish up my car wash with a shot of NXT spray wax.
                I use a combination of both, first I get the majority of the water off with the WW, then I get the rest off with the SS. After that it's either a quick detailer, a spray wax, or a full-on wax, or nothing at all until the next detailing session.
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');