• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning and protecting weather stripping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning and protecting weather stripping

Hi guys, what is the best dressing to use on door weather stripping. The products that I use and have used in the past are:
    Gold Class Vinal protectant
    Water Based Dressing

These products seem to work well. I allow the product I'm using to soak in a while them give it a quick wipe. I don't know if a silicone dressing would be better. Thanks guys.

Re: Cleaning and protecting weather stripping

I kinda like the Gold Class Protectant Wipes. Easy to use with little mess.

Comment

I have used the All Season Dressing most recently, but also the Exterior Trim Detailer (liquid). Both seem ok, though as I have a Subaru, I get a little residue on the glass. No biggie though.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

#39 Heavy Duty Vinyl Cleaner to clean for first time or for very dirty ones, then dress with the #40 you already have.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I guess it's a matter of using what you like. All the different products seems fine as long as you keep up with it.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');