• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT, no prep, black paint (pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT, no prep, black paint (pics)

This is my moms camry, it gets washed when I can get to it. In the time between, she takes it to the local swirl-o-matic.

I applied NXT with a yellow foam polishing pad on the PC @5.5, waited 25 minutes and removed.

The pics are not EXACTLY in the same light because of the movement of the sun, but hopefully you can get an idea of what I saw.

Before(after a wash)

After

Comment

Nice work. For no prep, the results are amazing!
      SRT-10 Silver

Comment

I agree, if I knew the car was going to be properly maintained, I would have used DACP with the rotary, then #80 speed glaze with the PC, then NXT(if I was really feeling frisky I would put #81 in there after #80). All things considered, it came out looking really nice. My mom loved the way the car looked and I was pleased with the results considering the effort put forth.

Comment

Re: NXT, no prep, black paint (pics)

Originally posted by ebpcivicsi
          This is my moms camry, it gets washed when I can get to it. In the time between, she takes it to the local swirl-o-matic.
          Swirl-0-matic

ebpcivicsi, don't make me laugh this hard in the morning! I pulled this message up and darn near coughed up my coffee all over the keyboard!

Serioulsy, the NXT Tech Wax/PC/W-8006 combo rocks!

Sure you could do a full blown multiple-step, dedicated paint cleaner, dedicated polish, followed by application of NXT Tech Wax, but at the same time, the NXT Tech Wax/PC/W-8006 combo rocks!

Tomorrow, Meguiar's is hosting the Ford Lightning club for a NXT Detail Day at Meguiar’s, for the most part, were going to use the above combo on most of the trucks we buff out tomorrow, (Mostly because of time issues and they are large)

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...info&eventid=7

Nice work, I'm sure your Mother is happy to have her call maintained by her son....

Mike
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike! I think what is so cool about the NXT is that it looks BETTER than some combos. That is really saying something for a single product that is so easy to use!

Comment

Looks good, looks like most of the swirls were cleaned up...

Man I wish I was a little closer its quite the drive from Iowa... I would love to go to the Lightning clinic!
              Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
              Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');