• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with black carpet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with black carpet

Any ideas on how to clean (vacuum) black carpet in a VW Golf? I had a potential client inquire this weekend. He tried his shop vac(not sure of hp but more than mine). I gave it a try with my shop vac 2hp and no luck for deep embedded sand and grass. Tried turbo brush, crevice tool (ok results, took too long), and regular flat attachment. Then I tried the tape. I didn't use air. What would be next for efficient cleanup? Need some ideas so I can accept job and give excellent results. Thanks in advance.

That carpet just plain *****! All you can do is brush and vac untill its clean. If you are detailing it you can use an extractor that MIGHT help.

I always dread doing cars with that outdoor type carpet. Some of the honda's have a similar carpet. ( CRV I think )
    If you dont play you CANT win!

Comment

Thanks for quick reply. You really can't charge additional for that right?? I guess just eat the time and move on..

This issue leads me to wonder how much debris is left behind in lighter colored carpet after vacuuming.

DETLMAN a.k.a. SqkyKln, I've kept you busy this evening!! Thanks for all your help!

Comment

No problem, glad I could help.

BUT yes you can charge more for hard to clean or extra dirty carpet. Dont get in the habbit of undercharging or "eating" time on nasty cars. Take a look at it and give them your price knowing how long it will take and how much effort it will take. Then if you give a price well knowing and it takes a little longer...well you can eat that one. Once I give a final price I almost never change it, if the price is on the low side the customer will know you are working too hard for your money and more than likely compensate with a tip. make a habbit of pricing according to services and stick to your price ! You will be glad you did.
        If you dont play you CANT win!

Comment

That's my next problem is charging for services. I'm working on it and yep your right!!

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');