• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CorvetteForum.com at Meguiar's Round III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CorvetteForum.com at Meguiar's Round III

CorvetteForum.com at Meguiar's Round III - September 30th!

On September 30th, 2006 Meguiar's will proudly host a hands-on detailing class for members of CorvetteForum.com here at Meguiar's Corporate offices in Irvine, CA.

Class starts in just a few hours!
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Re: CorvetteForum.com at Meguiar's Round III

And there starting to roll in!

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Hey Mike,

Jeff here, and thanks for letting me join the class even though I don't have a Corvette.

Been meaning to attend one of these classes for a while now, and it's nice to finally meet the man behind all these informative posts. Been voraciously reading these forums, and previously Autopia, which I found to be too biased in the opinions expressed by 20-30 people.

Great class today. It's one thing to read about the techiques and methods vs seeing how it's done in person. It's helpful for a newbie like me to see how to apply the products in person and see what 10-15 pounds of force with the PC "looks like" and have my product questions answered on the spot regarding which products to use. The step by step explanations really helps to clarify some of the mis-notions I have picked up from other forums and hopefully repair the mistakes I've inflicted on my car. I consider the class to be time well spent and hope to attend another one to get the info that I've may have missed from being late.

Thanks again Mike! IMHO, this level of commitment to the consumer speaks volumes about the company.

Comment

Many thanks to Mike Phillips and John for class.
        Everytime I visit class, I can learn something new, and able to try out new Meguiar's products.

2 Black C5s

Morning Coffee

Mark's C6

Mike takes close-up shots

note:: pictures are from my cell phone

Pizza was GREAT(always) and woohoo...goodie bags

Thanks again Meguiar's!

-- Toshi
        03 MINI BRG/BLK CVT - SOLD | 08 Black WRX - FAST!

Comment

Mike,

Another great class. It was too bad there wasn't a better turnout from the Corvette Forum.

For those of us that attended, I know we came away with a better understanding of taking care of our paint on these beautiful cars that we drive.

Another steller performance by Mike. I especially like this photo. I think your hand movement was faster than the DA.

Here's Mike showing us the proper way to use the DA.

Thanks again Mike for a great day. The other forum members don't know what they missed.

Comment

I'd like to thank Mike & everyone else at Meguiar's for making this class possible. I learned a lot, & now I'm ready to tackle some tougher jobs(as soon as I get the right tools & products). I think the results that are possible by using their products & techniques are fantastic, as well as pretty easy . Again, thanks for your hospitality & generosity .

Comment

Originally posted by cafemoc View Post

Wow! Whose beautiful SS is that? The Corvettes look good too, but I'm a big fan of the old school Camaros.
              2016 Focus ST

Comment

Mike,

The class was just great! It was so rewarding to be getting hands on instructions from someone who really knows the product and understands our concerns about using it. Barry, if you're reading this thread you've got a winner with Mike and this program. I'll be a dedicated Meguiar's man for life after this. I already have a reputation amongst my friends and family for taking good care of my cars (and theirs when I get energetic), now I believe I have the knowledge to actually rescue some pretty severe problems assuming the paint itself is still intact.

Mike's presentation and instruction were much more than I could have imagined a company would provide for their customers. Thank you very much and I'll be back with friends as well as making sure they use your products. Now I can actually explain to them why Meguiars is the best!

Steve Cushman

Comment

Mike,

I enjoyed the class and I like your teaching style. I learned a lot from the class. My son was just blown away at how much there was to learn about finish care.

You get an A+. The class was excellent. I have been using Meguiars products for years. See photo below. I finished the clay bar and then followed up with the Mequiar's NXT next generation wax. Sorry, this is as shiny as I could get it!

Sincerely,
                  Allen Lemasters
                  General Motors Corporation

Comment

Man, I am so bummed - I have been traveling a lot lately and just this morning found out about yesterday's clinic!

Any thoughts on when you might hold another one?

I ask because I'm having trouble removing some spots from my new C6 and I could sure use some expert help!

Best regards,
                    -Mark-

Comment

First let me THANK YOU for allowing my group of Corvette owners to attend our 3rd CorvetteForum Detail Day on Sept 30th. For a company as large as Meguiar’s to take the time and money to bring in Car Crazy Guys to show the proper way to maintain their cars appearance is note worthy alone. But to supply us with Mike Phillips as an instructor is going above and beyond. With the vast knowledge and great stories he made the class very enjoyable. It was a pleasure to see someone so dedicated to his job. This is shown in how he works with the students and how he made the class so interesting. He was not kidding when he states that “he will stay till the last man standing”.

It is not only in the way he handles the class but through out the experience of scheduling and setting up the class. If Mike is an example of the people Barry hirers then Barry is one lucky guy. I realize that Mike is not famous but if I were you I would find some way to work him in to your weekly show “Car Crazy” because he is a Great example of a Meguiars employee. I know your wondering if I am Mikes Brother, Cousin, In-law or friend and the answer is NO. But after a class with Mike you do feel that you have known him for years. To end this I would like to say I have never been a dedicated user of anyone’s wax but seeing the dedication Meguiar's has with your participation in the Car Shows, Charities and the Quality of your product you can count on me as a life long customer and promoter of your products. Thanks again for opening your doors to other “Car Crazy” people. I’ll be back again and again because you can never learn enough.

BTW Thats MY 1973 Camaro RS in the pictures.

Comment

Great class guys, thanks for spending your Saturday with Meguiar's!

Having fun at Meguiar's

Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Hi Mike, your presentation on Saturday was both informative and interesting. You r knowledge, ability to relate to real world applications, demonstrations, and ability to involve the class in the demonstrations was appreciated.

I am a first time attendee and learned more about car care in the one class than what I would have thought possible. I had no idea at the depth of Meguiar’s car care products.

Thanks for the information Mike,

Rick

Comment

Hey Mike...is this what you mean when you say "Put a little passion behind the pad!

Can you say WARP SPEED!!!

Alex
                            Mandarina Racing

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');