• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(New User) - Window Trim Discoloration ...Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (New User) - Window Trim Discoloration ...Help please

THis is my first post to this forum and would like to thank Meguiars for making my car swirl free. I have one problem.

My window trims were originally black metal or black aluminum. Now they have turned a purplish color and it looks like the black cannot be restored. If i look real close to the trim, it looks like the black got "washed" away. I understand how the trims ended up like this, but I do not know how to get them black again without painting or anodizing/powdercoating.

Please tell me if there are any products i can use to restore my purple trims back to black. You will save my car's life....thank you.
    Last edited by kswiss; Jun 29, 2004, 01:46 AM.

If the paint is still there, ColorX will work wonders...
    ...if it has truly been worn away...you'll have to take 'em off and repaint them...

Comment

Re: (New User) - Window Trim Discoloration ...Help please

Originally posted by kswiss
      Please tell me if there are any products i can use to restore my purple trims back to black. You will save my car's life....thank you.
      Hi kswiss,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

This is a common problem with trim like this, at this time, I don't know of any product that will restore the color and keep it that way.

I'm pretty sure this is some type of anodized finish and if this is the case, I'm not sure if ColorX will help much. If it's painted, then a cleaner/wax should work. You never know until you try.

I'll do some checking.

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Well i found out that it is black anodized aluminum. I read a BMW thread that their cars also had this problem. THey said using Meguiar's # 9 (swirl remover) or any other top brand swirl remover. They also suggested using Car Brite Power package?

Do you think any of these products will actually bring back the black color? Please save my car's life. This window trim really does look nasty and cheap . Makes my Mercedes look like a pinto. Please help.

And thanks for the warm welcome Mike...I appreciate it =)
        Last edited by kswiss; Jun 29, 2004, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');