• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain-x haze?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain-x haze?

Hey, everyone. I had a strange thing happen to me with rain-x this weekend. I washed my truck last week(8 days ago), cleaned the windows with Nxt glass cleaner, and applied Rain-x wipe-on cloths to the windows. I sprayed the windows with a little water after the Rain-x had hazed and wiped them clear. Came out great. But this weekend(2 days ago), I washed again and after I got the truck clean I noticed that the Rain-x had re-hazed. Has anyone ever had this happen before? It hazed so much that I could not even see through the windows! It rained in the middle of the week here, so i know that water on the glass did not cause the issue .I doubt this could be the reason , but I washed the truck with Nxt wash soap- could this have caused the situation?There is no damage or anything but it was just very strange. If anyone has some insight to this or any Rain-x tips, they would be a big help!! Thank you!

Re: Rain-x haze?

Did the haze just wipe off?
    Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
    Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

I have had trouble with RainX... Sometime it works great then other times I can never get the haze to wipe off. RainX is great but temperamental.
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

No, it did not wipe off easily. If anything, it was harder to get off than normal! Had to use glass cleaner to remove haze.

Comment

Yeah I have had that happen too. Used NXT glass cleaner to get it off.
          Glad I'm not the only one.
          MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

Hmm, thats crazy.. Ive never had any troubles with rain-x. Ive only used it in the liquid form once to do all the side windows. I put it on over a year ago and they still bead really well(although they are coverd in water spots.). For the windshield I buy the gallons of rain-x bugwash..

Comment

Originally posted by cjps17 View Post
              Hey, everyone. I had a strange thing happen to me with rain-x this weekend. I washed my truck last week(8 days ago), cleaned the windows with Nxt glass cleaner, and applied Rain-x wipe-on cloths to the windows. I sprayed the windows with a little water after the Rain-x had hazed and wiped them clear. Came out great. But this weekend(2 days ago), I washed again and after I got the truck clean I noticed that the Rain-x had re-hazed. Has anyone ever had this happen before? It hazed so much that I could not even see through the windows! It rained in the middle of the week here, so i know that water on the glass did not cause the issue .I doubt this could be the reason , but I washed the truck with Nxt wash soap- could this have caused the situation?There is no damage or anything but it was just very strange. If anyone has some insight to this or any Rain-x tips, they would be a big help!! Thank you!
              Sounds like you didn't get the Rain-X off during the application. I like to leave it sit for 30 minutes and wipe off with a clean towel moistened with glass cleaner.

It will help remove all of the excess Rain-X and will actually leave the rainx on the glass to well, do it's intended purpose.
              2015 Fiat 500 Abarth.
              2011 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V using AMSOIL synthetics. Best 1/4 mile: 14.959 (sold)

Comment

I like to apply rain-x by first cleaning the windows, applying the rain-x, and then washing the car. It works well and saves time, any remaining haze will come of when drying. I know this doesnt adress the thread topic directly, just my $.02
                VTEC: all the lag, none of the turbo

Comment

i had this happen with rain x anti fog on the inside of my windshield and side windows. it was dangerous and a nightmare to clean off. never had any probs before with it though. windows were thoroughly cleaned and allowed to haze then scrubbed down before it happened.

Comment

I don't mean to hijack the thread or anything, however has anyone ever heard of a product called Aquapel? It's made by the company PPG and it's a windshield treatment like Rain-X, however based on my research it lasts a lot longer and it seems to work better. I used to have Rain-X windshield wiper fluid and it didn't do much.
                    '96 Honda Prelude

www.vbautodetailing.com

Comment

Thanks everyone!! The idea of applying and then washing is a great one!! I have never used traditional Rain-x, just the wipes. You can feel the amount of alcohol in the wipes as your applying them(I assume to aid in drying) . Thank you 96lude, I will look for that brand.

Comment

I cannot stand being in a car that doesnt have rain-x. Im not to sure why it didnt work for you, but Ive never had any problems with the water not beading..

Comment

I did a little looking around for Aquapel. Tirerack has it for $8 each. There is also a really cool video comparing it to Rain X over on autoblog.com. Shows the two on a windshield of a mini from day 1 to 72. The Rain X is gone way before the Aquapel. I love Rain X, but I just might have to check out Aquapel. Thanks for the tip also '96lude'.
                          Scott

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
                            I did a little looking around for Aquapel. Tirerack has it for $8 each. There is also a really cool video comparing it to Rain X over on autoblog.com. Shows the two on a windshield of a mini from day 1 to 72. The Rain X is gone way before the Aquapel. I love Rain X, but I just might have to check out Aquapel. Thanks for the tip also '96lude'.
                            I had no idea it was sold on Tirerack. I will order it from there. Thanks.
                            '96 Honda Prelude

www.vbautodetailing.com

Comment

I have had outstanding luck with Amsoil Rain Clear, a little harder to use than Rain-X but works better and lasts longer, especialy when coupled with Rain-X washer fluid.
                              I think they may have changed the pakaging and now call it BriteSide Rain Clear, I assume the formulas are the same.
                              still want to try Aquapel, but its to pricey for customer cars
                              VTEC: all the lag, none of the turbo

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');