• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G/C Leather Cleaner/ Conditioner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G/C Leather Cleaner/ Conditioner

Hi,

New to posting on here, but I've been lurking for a while.

Great community here and I've learned a lot already.

So, I've got a 2004 Honda Accord with leather interior. I don't think the interior has ever been cleaned/conditioned properly. The question I have is I'm not sure if the seats are actually leather, or vinyl or what. I know some parts of the interior is vinyl, so is the G/C Leather Cleaner/ Conditioner the best thing to use even on vinyl?

or any other suggestions for that? I don't want to dry it out either.

Thanks!

Re: G/C Leather Cleaner/ Conditioner

Wel, the vinyl dash, and plastic seat bases can be protected with Nxt Tech Protectant.

Sometimes, the seating surface is leather but the seat side or back is vinyl. But you will be ok to apply the GC Cleaner/Conditioner to the whole seat. I have had great results with it and never had to check to verify which part of the seat is what.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

excellent. Thanks! I will pick up some G/C Leather product today then.

Comment

I have a 98 Accord and 2005 Odyssey. Honda leather is coated with a vinyl or a vinyl like product. I've used woolite in the past to clean the leather but now use Meg's leather cleaner/conditioner.

What I do is mist it evenly over the majority of the seat...then very gently scrub the leather with Meg's interior brush. The brush should just touch the leather. On a fairly clean seat, it won't take long. The brush provides agitation to loosen any embedded dirt. Followup with a wipe down with a clean, wet, cloth. Apply some conditioner with a foam applicator. Let sit for ~20 minutes. Wipe down with a dry cloth to pick up excess.

I have beige leather in my Accord and it was never cleaned in 8 years. The kids had the seats about as stained as you can imagine. They now look new.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');