• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prep before #80-#83?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prep before #80-#83?

I am going to 'attack' my truck this weekend with my new G100, but first I have a quick question. I waxed not long ago with NXT, do I need to remove the wax before working the #80 & #83? My plan so far is, #80 or #83 depending on what works best, then #7, topped with #21, finished with NXT.

I am so excited to get my truck all shiney. All I have ever done in the past is NXT.

Thanks for your help!!!

P.S. I have the PC DVD and it's great, thanks guys.
    Scott

Re: Prep before #80-#83?

Assuming that you already have washed and clayed your truck. Nope, by using #80 or #83 you are already removing the old wax and of course the paint defects like swirls. Your plan of action sounds good. Note if you ended up using #83, its a good idea to follow up with #80 to remove the haze that #83 may leave behind. Using #7 is optional and it will not hurt if you do that since #80 has a lot of the polishing oils of #7. Go ahead a do a test spot to find out what works the best.
    Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!

Comment

Thanks for the help!
      Scott

Comment

My bet is that M80 will do everything you need - M83 is the most aggressive product that should be used with the G100, and I have found that there are very few defects that M80 won't fix if used correctly.

M83's working process is a bit different than M80, as M80 has polishing oils that let the product stay "wetter" longer - allowing you more working time. In essence, M80 is easier to work than M83. If you have the video, I am sure you know this already though.

If you do use M83, make sure to work it long enough to really break down the product, otherwise you might end up with some micro-marring.

In my experience, if M80 is used correctly and broken down enough M7 really isn't needed on a daily driver. Like romulus said - most of the oils that are in M7 are already in M80 anyway.

Whatever you do, just make sure you work with patience and confidence - I am sure your truck will come out great...and remember, we need before AND after pictures!
        Nate Williams
        N.E.W.car Mobile Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by N.E.W.car View Post
          My bet is that M80 will do everything you need - M83 is the most aggressive product that should be used with the G100, and I have found that there are very few defects that M80 won't fix if used correctly.

This is true most of the time, only when the defects are very deep, or the paint is very hard do you need to use M83.

If you do use M83, then it's a good idea to follow up with M80 to insure there is no haze from the M83, haze doesn't always happen, it just depends upon the paint and you're technique.
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

is there something thats not as aggresive #83 but more aggresive than scratchX

Comment

Ummm... yes, M80 Speed Glaze when applied by hand.

At this time, ScratchX is only recommended for use by hand, so you're comparing apples to oranges.

What are you working on? What are you trying to accomplish?

Perhaps start your own thread?
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');