• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PlastX Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PlastX Help

Hello from Tucson, AZ.
    I've been using Meguiar's products for years, but today decieded to try some of their newer ones. Getting my Harley ready for a bike show tomorrow and picked up a bottle of PlastX for my windshield. The windshield is approx. 1 week old and it was clean with GC soap and dried with a leaf blower. No bugs or marks, thought the PlastX would help make future cleanings easier, but to my dismay the windshield looks terrible now. I used a new foam applicator and new MF towel have put 3 coats on now and there appears to be faint scratches everywhere. Am I doing something wrong? I haven't applied much pressure at all, less than waxing, but cannot seem to do anything to help. Any assistance would be appreciated!!

On a good note, tried the NXT paste wax today and the only comment I can make is WOW I used some advice from reading here and applied scratchX, then DC2 and the 2 coats of NXT and am amazed at what a difference it made over my usual 3 steps of DC and the GC wax. Thanks for info. Will hopefully get some pics taken to post tomorrow.

Re: PlastX Help

Well, Plast-X is meant to be worked into the finish multiple time to remove light to moderated swirls and scratches from clear plastic. Do not apply it like a wax. Do not let the product dry. I recommend using a dime size worth of product on a small portion of the windshield, work it in thoroughly until it becomes a thin film, then wipe of the fresh residue with the microfiber towel. Try this multiple time until the defects come out. Also make sure the areas and pad your using the product with are clean. I've used the product numerous times and never saw scratches or swirls after using it. It sounds like you might have some dry product residue if its cloudy looking. If the windshield is new try waxing it for now. The Plast-X is is meant for plastic that has minor to moderated defects, so there no need to use it now. Let us know how it works out. Post pics if you can, might help out.

Originally posted by DesertBum View Post
    Hello from Tucson, AZ.
    I've been using Meguiar's products for years, but today decieded to try some of their newer ones. Getting my Harley ready for a bike show tomorrow and picked up a bottle of PlastX for my windshield. The windshield is approx. 1 week old and it was clean with GC soap and dried with a leaf blower. No bugs or marks, thought the PlastX would help make future cleanings easier, but to my dismay the windshield looks terrible now. I used a new foam applicator and new MF towel have put 3 coats on now and there appears to be faint scratches everywhere. Am I doing something wrong? I haven't applied much pressure at all, less than waxing, but cannot seem to do anything to help. Any assistance would be appreciated!!

On a good note, tried the NXT paste wax today and the only comment I can make is WOW I used some advice from reading here and applied scratchX, then DC2 and the 2 coats of NXT and am amazed at what a difference it made over my usual 3 steps of DC and the GC wax. Thanks for info. Will hopefully get some pics taken to post tomorrow.

Comment

Re: PlastX Help

yeah work it until it becomes clear and it wipes off really well. That should fix your problem.
      You left out licking the water off. Oh, wait a minute, that's my cat, not my car. Uh, I mean my cat licks himself dry. I don't lick my cat dry. Or my car. -PC.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');