• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8thcivic.com at Meguiar's - October 7th, 2006!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8thcivic.com at Meguiar's - October 7th, 2006!

8thcivic.com at Meguiar's - October 7th, 2006!

8thcivic.com

Coffee & Donuts ready to go!

Cold refreshments chilling till Pizza lunch!

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Re: 8thcivic.com at Meguiar's - October 7th, 2006!

Another great turn-out at Meguiar's Garage!

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

nice seeing all those SI'S!

Comment

Great turnout, i'm glad most of those who signed up were able to make it. i had a lto of fun and learned a lot. Awsome info, GREAT PIZZA.

Comment

very good meet. very imformative, i learned a lot. im going to apply this the next time i wash/polish/wax my car

Comment

After spending an awesome day at the OC Auto Show with my son, he invited me to his “8th Civic.com club get together at the Meguiar’s Headquarters in Irvine California this morning for the “Detailing 101” event.
            This class is a great way to expose our younger enthusiasts to the tools, products and methods for keeping their rides nice and shiny. For an old time Hot-Rodder like me, it was great just hanging out with my kid and an awesome learning experience at the same time as we covered the basics of attaining a swirl free shine. A lot of things have changed since my dad taught me how to keep my rides shiny and clean and this class hits the nail on the head bringing Corvette, Lead Sleds, Hot Rodders, Low Riders, Street Machines and everyone in between to one place where they can all learn the correct techniques and methods putting a lot of “wives tales” to rest and proving these by allowing all of the students to take part in the demos. All in all, we both had a blast and came away with a much better understanding on what’s required to get that deep down show quality shine on our own rides. I’ve gotta thank Mike Phillips for teachin this old dog some new tricks today! Thanks for everything Mike! You’re a natural borne teacher…….

Comment

Mike,
              The class today was so informative and we had a great time. I appreciated your enthusiasm for the class and the products. I can't wait to use the sample products. The donuts and pizza were great too. I look forward to getting the shipment of products we ordered and sharing the great results with our friends. I enjoyed hearing about the history of Meguiar's as well as many of the products available. If I could offer up one small suggestion, maybe more time on actual product demonstration so we could all see more results on specific products. I think that would also increase sales and increase our own passion for the products! Thanks again for taking the time, it was very enjoyable and I learned alot.

Comment

My first thought about spending an entire Saturday learning how to wash a car was not my idea of a good time... Boy, was I wrong.

Mike,
                You provided endless possibilities for us car freaks to make our cars look spectacular. I can't thank you enough for taking the time to share with us your expertise in making any average looking car look great. From the moment I stepped foot on Meguiar's property, excitement filled my spirits. Keep up the good work and keep providing the "Icing on the Cake".

Can't wait apply these techniques on my car...

Comment

Thank you Mike for an extremely informative class. I learned alot more than I did the last time I was here, and I must give it to you that you are a great teacher. The techiniques and hands-on activities were top notch and really helped us get a feel for what needed to be accomplished, and how we would go about doing so. Thanks again, Mike!

Dan @ Team Innovate

Comment

Thanks again Mike for the great information you taught us today, now my car is really gonna shine like it should! Thanks for the food and drinks, they were GREAT! Can't wait to wash my car again now when I get the time to apply all the techniques you showed us.

Comment

I hope everyone had as good of a time as I did I learned how to remove a scratch that was buggin the hell outta me, and now i think i am goin to do what mike said and make few bucks by detailin some cars i feel educated like maybe we should of got a certificate lol but it was fun see'n al the Si's and meeting new people cant wait till another meet up!

Comment

First i want to thank Mike, for giving us this opportunity to learn how shine our cars like they deserve to shine and futhermore to all the people at meguiars for making this product the best out there! i learned a lot! eventhough my girlfriend thought it was boring i had lots and lots of fun watching every single demonstration step by step... ill defenetly with no doubt will go back again any time.
                        To the people with the 8th civics keep it pimping!!!!! and make them look good cus the car does the same for us ;.

THANKS AGAIN AND THE FOOD WAS GREAT!

Comment

hey mike,

I had an wonderful time at Meguiar's this past Saturday. I definitely learned a lot while attending this class. I learned that it has a lot to do with technique to get the results I'm looking for. I've used Meguiar's products before but didn't get the results I wanted but after spending a day with you and getting all the information that you provided, I figured out it wasn't the product....but it was MY technique. I am looking forward to getting the products that I ordered with John soon, so I can definitely share what I've learned with my friends so they too can get that quality finish.

tim

ps hope the pictures I helped you take came out.

Comment

Hey Mike... First of all, you should've went with us crusin around.. lolz.. So ya, when you get your nissan 280z as I recall, you can cruise with us. Hopeful detailing 102 would be avilable. Anyhow, I want to thank you mike for spending 6 hours teaching us the right technique to make our cars shine. I learned so much stuff that I didn't know or heard before. Now that you thought us what to do and what not to do, I can apply all the secret and techniques not only to my car but to my friends and family. I really appreciate everything you've done last saturday. Preparing our food was so generous of you. Gotta love the pizza and drinks. I want to thank you so much for putting your time and teaching people what needs to be done in order to get the best detailing out there. You take care now mike. Hope to see you again soon.. HOLLAAAAAAAAA. =)

P.S thanks for all the product and to Meguiars for providing us with some detailing kit. I can't wait till I get the items I ordered from John..

Comment

Looks like everyone's said all there is to say about the class. It was great, we all learned a lot(except that one guy who came late), and I will DEFINATELY recommend this to every car enthusiast I know.

And just incase Mikes superiors are watching, I bought a buffer, a couple pads, a clay bar kit, #80 wax, some more scratch X, and a couple other things, all thanks to Mike!

Had a great time!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');