• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

79 Vette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 79 Vette

First picture post for me so hopefully I get it right.
    I'm assamed to admit that I work for a dealership and they deserve the bad rep that they get. I think between the untrained workers and the everything has to be done yesterday mentality is why their cars look the way they do.
    Its a small shop and I have more freedom to try and get the cars properly detailed. I went out on my own to learn more so that I wouldnt produce unproperly detailed vehicles. Seems like they are willing to pay techs to learn but not detailers.
    That being said here is the Vette.

Story goes its the owners car and sits around in a garage with the tops out stuff all over the top of it and cats walking on it. The car was repainted but I'm not sure how long ago. I wasnt able to get any before shots but from the looks of the paint it was a bad buff job done at the body shop.(which they own)
    Paint was really hazed and had lots of buffer trails.

Process was as follows:
    Washed with PRO Cherry Suds
    Rims PRO Non Acid
    Clayed with Clay Magic

I started out with the rotary and a CAS polishing pad with M80 @1400rpms.
    This took everything out but I had guess you could say "Dealer installed swirls"
    Usually I dont have this problem and i think I worked the product alittle to long. Being that this was my project I went home and picked up my DA which was new and I never used. I only had one polishing pad and did not want to mix the products so I used M83 w/W-8006 @ 5.
    Car looked awesome after that.
    Finished up with NXT liquid on DA w/W-9006 and taken off by hand.
    Interior was cleaned with PRO Franks Special Cleaner and the carpets were extracted with PRO Xtract.
    Windows were done with AutoMagic Glass Cleaner.
    Motor and tires dressed with SDI HI GLO
    Here are the results

Re: 79 Vette

That is one nice ride

Can we make a deal?

I`ll get you`re car ,and you get my mother in law
    Detailing cars is a form of art. Most appreciate it, few possess the required skill and even fewer understand it.

Comment

Nice work!
      -Bob
      NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Thanks for the kind words guys.
        The car has 29,000 original miles on it and from what I heard they were asking $20,000.
        I dont know much about Vettes but from what the techs at work were telling me that they priced it really high.
        All together it is a really nice car.
        It has a funny smell in it. One of the techs told me that it smells like a mouse died in the heating vents. I didnt find any trace of rodent activity inside or under the hood but who knows .
        They actually did happen to sell it to the guy they wanted it cleaned up for but I dont know the final price they recieved for it.
        Thanks for looking guys.

Comment

Can we make a deal?

I`ll get you`re car ,and you get my mother in law
          Send me a pic of your mother in law and I'll see what we can work out!

Comment

car looks great, good job!

Comment

Nice car and a very nice job!

Comment

Great job Satin! If that car doesn't sell after, then the people looking at are blind, and I don't mean by the shine. Car dealer's and their car washings are a joke. The dealer my g/f bought her car from had a independent "scratch fixer" come in to work on their used cars that just come in. I can see why her car looked like **** like it did. I'm glad I bought the PC and other goodies to do it right. Again, great job on the Vette Satin, be proud of what you did and show it off as much as possible.
                2016 Focus ST

Comment

20,000$ is cheap for a basically mint 79 Stingray? Vette with only 29,000 original miles.

Comment

Once again guys....
                    Thanks for the compliments.
                    I am learning a great deal and I'm glad I found these forums.

SL1CK 20,000$ is cheap for a basically mint 79 Stingray? Vette with only 29,000 original miles.
                    Like I said I dont know much about these year Vettes. It did have L82 emblems on it also.
                    Car is really nice condition, 8 track and all.
                    I'm glad to see they are getting rid of it because they certainly dont apprecitate or take care of it. Hate to see a nice car go to waste.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');