• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poker Run 2007 KY--->TN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poker Run 2007 KY--->TN

***What's up everyone, I'm (Nismonkey) posting this up for my friends over there on tnkytuners.com! We're trying to set this up for SPRING OF 2007!***

EDIT: CLICKABE LINK REMOVED

So, Im sure that the title is what brought most of whoever of you that are looking at this. (Wow I think I lost brain cells reading/typing that)

Anyway, Ive been thinking I want to do something thats an event that will bring people to the site more and help put the name out there.

What better way to do this than a good ol fashion poker run? right? We are working the details out when we get more rules and stuff together we will post them here is what we have come up with so far...

1) Entry fee - $20 for the driver $10 for the radio/navigation person (this person is required/mandatory) total is $30 to enter.

2) $10 per passenger in the car, other than the driver and radio person.

3) Each vehicle will be required to carry a working 2way radio and/or cell phone (that works)

4) Each vehicle will be given a set of driving directions, you are not required to follow the given route, but it is highly reccomended.

5) Each vehicle (driver/all passengers) is required to sign a waiver of release, stating...that TNKYtuners is not responsible for any tickets/traffic violations etc.

6) Have fun!! Enjoy the scenery, its a mountain drive from what I have been told. And there is a lot of things to do in Gatlinburg according to Daniel (McDizzle). Ive been told there is a outlet mall and a million restaurants and go-karts and over all the place is a tourist trap. With loads of hotels. So, enjoy yourselves.

** And remember, the more cars we have the bigger the prize money!! **

$30 x 100cars = 3grand
    3grand -2grand for prize money
    (1st-$1,000 2nd -$750 3rd -$250)
    Tthe last 1grand goes to the site for BBQs and Tshirts and Stickers, etc.)

So if we get 200cars, think of what the amount for 1st place will be

TENTATIVE START, STOPS, CHECK POINTS ETC...

START-LOUISVILLE, KY (PAPA JOHN'S STADIUM???)

1ST STOP-BOWLING GREEN, KY (CORVETTE MUSEUM???)

2ND STOP-NASHVILLE, TN (TITANS STADIUM???)

***LONGEST LEG OF RUN FROM Nashville to Knoxville***

3RD STOP-KNOXVILLE, TN (DUNNO YET!?!?)

END-GATLINBURG, TN (Pigeon Forge area???)

Present head count for poker run is at 50 right now!!! We've got about 5-6 months left till the event. I'm sure that # will increase as the date draws nearer!!! We'll keep you updated!!!

END POINT CHANGE!!! Changed to TAIL OF THE DRAGON!!!

!!!UPDATE AGAIN!!!
    The previous ending point for the run WAS Gatlinburg, TN. This has been changed! We are changing the ending point to the TAIL OF THE DRAGON! Deals Gap, TN/NC.

EDIT: Clickable Link Removed

Comment

Re: Poker Run 2007 KY--->TN

What are the dates for this? If I can take some vacation or have anymore show planed that week it sounds like a lot of fun

Comment

Originally posted by RYDNLOW View Post
        What are the dates for this? If I can take some vacation or have anymore show planed that week it sounds like a lot of fun
        By the looks of it RYDNLOW, it'll be either in March or April. There are 60+ people in it now. It should be a fun run! We'll keep you posted!

Comment

thanks

Comment

Look what just signed up for the run...

I do hope this guy can make it to this event. This guy's from ATL and he said this R33 is fresh off the boat from Japan! We'll see...

Comment

dates set!!!

March 31st-April 1st 2007!!!

Mark it down on your calendars!!!

Comment

DATES: MARCH 31ST-APRIL 1ST
                The run will take place on 3/31/07(Saturday).
                Spend a night in Gatlinburg, TN
                Then finish up on the Tail of the Dragon on 4/1/07(Sunday)

We'll get some hotel info soon...

Comment

At least you guys changed it from Cannonball run to poker run. I still think it will be a cluster f, but good luck.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');