• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Convertable roof care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convertable roof care

I have a 1990 Chrysler TC with a Haartz cloth convertable top. Looks original, but may be a good replacement. What is the best way to assure this will stay looking new for the next many years. I do have a garage, but no climate control. thanks, Brad

Re: Convertable roof care

Originally posted by Brad77 View Post
    I have a 1990 Chrysler TC with a Haartz cloth convertable top. Looks original, but may be a good replacement. What is the best way to assure this will stay looking new for the next many years. I do have a garage, but no climate control. thanks, Brad
    I dont know what meguires has if any, but I use ragg topp

Comment

Meguiar's does have a few products that may help you out.

Canvas Cleaner
      and
      Canvas Protectant

It is from thier Marine line but the materials of your convertable top are very simular.
      You left out licking the water off. Oh, wait a minute, that's my cat, not my car. Uh, I mean my cat licks himself dry. I don't lick my cat dry. Or my car. -PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad77 View Post
        I have a 1990 Chrysler TC with a Haartz cloth convertible top. Looks original, but may be a good replacement. What is the best way to assure this will stay looking new for the next many years. I do have a garage, but no climate control. thanks, Brad
        Hi Brad,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Meguiar's offers a cleaner and a protectant for convertible tops and actually worked with the Haartz company to develop these formulas. Because this is a cloth type material, you always have to be very careful whenever you're working on the top so that you don't agitate and thus fray the fibers. Soft brushes used gently will work fine, just don't get to aggressive and scrub real hard while cleaning.

After cleaning and the top is completely dry, or if you're top doesn't need to be cleaned, you can apply a protectant to help preserve the top material.

While these two products are currently only available in our Marine line, you can still use them on automotive convertible fabric tops.

M71 Canvas Cleaner

M72 Canvas Protectant
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

hi im new to forums but look forward to using your products soon. I read your above ref convertible cleaner/protectant. I have a convertible pre-owned porsche w/fairly new top & wanna maintain it for as long as i can. I have washed it in the past w/good brand car wash soap. Is that a bad thing? Wasnt sure if it would destroy/break down the fibers in the top & lessen the life of it. Hope i havent been doing the wrong thing to the top but if so wanna correct that asap. the top is fabric/cloth, sorry forgot to mention that earlier.
          Is there a particular ingredient in the good car wash cleaners that would destroy/lessen life of the top? If i only need to use the cleaner/protectant mentioned above then i will do that.

thx for any assistance.

kevin

Comment

I used 303 cleaner/protectant cloth top kit for 9 years on my first Viper. No fade, no problem. Roof was as black as the day I got it. Water beads like it was waxed. Put it on my new car, day one.
            SRT-10 Silver

Comment

Try "Raggtopp" product line for fabric top care..

Comment

If you try to get some marine products, try your local Kraggen/Advanced Auto Parts. I have seen them over ther in their promotional display.
                Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');