• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S2Ki.com at Meguiar's! - October 21st!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2Ki.com at Meguiar's! - October 21st!

S2Ki.com at Meguiar's! - October 21st!

Please post your photos and comments after the class to this thread.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Re: S2Ki.com at Meguiar's! - October 21st!

Coffee and donuts are ready to go!

The sun is shining and any moment now a carvan of Honda S2000's will be arriving for a day of fun at Meguiar's!
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Right on time!

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Off to a good start...

Horrific swirls in this Carbon Fiber Hood provides Meguiar's with the opportunity to show people how to remove swirls the right way the first time...

Having fun at Meguiar's!

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Thanks to Mike and John for spending a Saturday with an unexpected small class. This is my second event and it was a class operation both times. Excellent facility improvements and excellent instruction. Mike and John share a passion for detailing and it's energizing to see such enthusiasm.

My first time attending I moved from years of handwaxing to using a "jiggler" and the second taught me technique that I was certainly lacking. The information shared on the products wasn't a pitch, but more informative than anything else. Nice job presenting today Mike.

Excellent program and I hope this continues.
          See you Wednesday Mike.
          PS: Although I can't speak for S2KI, please don't let this tarnish your opinion of our organization, we usually have really big turnouts, and I was very suprised myself.

Comment

Wow! Incredible picture. What did you guys use to take the swirls out?

SRT-10 Silver

Comment

I have to ask. How in the world did somebody put those horrible swirls on that hood and not notice before they were done? Somebody had no idea what they were doing. Did they do the rest of the car? Hope not.

On the bright side that is an awsome job of removing that mess
              Professional Automotive Reconditioning Services
              "You scuff it-I buff it!"

Comment

Originally posted by Newport Viper View Post
                Wow! Incredible picture. What did you guys use to take the swirls out?

Good question! I want to know too.

There is a thread over on S2KI.com talking about CF pieces and it says they have a gel coat and not a clear coat. So, people have been using the Megs marine polishes to polish CF parts. Is this what was used?

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeyc View Post
                  Good question! I want to know too.

There is a thread over on S2KI.com talking about CF pieces and it says they have a gel coat and not a clear coat.
                  We covered this topic in the class on Saturday for the 10 members that attended out of 37 members from S2Ki.com that signed-up. It's wrong to make blanket generalization about whether a component is straight resin or clear coated, the right thing to do is to check with the manufacture, hopefully before you purchase the component so that you know what you're purchasing.

Originally posted by Mikeyc View Post
                  So, people have been using the Megs marine polishes to polish CF parts. Is this what was used?
                  For the pictures posted here, we used the time-tested usual suspects...
                  • Wipe down with Quick Detailer to remove loose dust
                  • Clay with our Smooth Surface Clay Kit to remove above surface bonded contaminants
                  • Clean using M80 Speed Glaze with a W-8006 foam polishing pad on the G100 using the 5.0 setting.
                  • Protect using NXT Tech Wax with a W-9006 finishing pad on the 3.0 setting.
                  • Remove dried wax using our microfiber bonnet over a clean, dry W-7006 foam cutting pad on the 5.0 setting.

Pull it out into the sun to let twenty eyeballs inspect.
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Thanks Mike for the GREAT class. I did not relize Meguiars had sooooo many products

Now to work on thoes little scratches with the machine

Thanks

Thanks for the Doughnuts and Pizza, hit the spot

Comment

I know it has been more than a week since we had this class but thank you Mike and John for spending a Saturday with us even though many of us decided to not show. I was expecting a good turn out.
                      It worked out better for those who showed up because there were only few of us in class. I learned so much that day and I'm not sure if I'll remember everything from the class. I guess I'll come back to Mike if I have any more questions or problems.
                      After taking the class, I feel pretty confident that I can keep my car clean and looking good for long time even though it was just a one day class.

Best thing about the whole class.... I know what product to use on my car.
                      Thanks again.

Comment

***Bump***

Someone e-mailed looking for how to restore Carbon Fiber
                        Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');