• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Type of paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Type of paint

Hell all, I was looking at a website from a detailing co. based in Washington state[mirrorworksdetail.com] They mentioned a paint I don't recall having mentioned before, cerami-nonparticle clearcoat,. What is it ? They also do a nice presentation package.

Re: Type of paint

I heard about cerami-clears on the PES education video from meguiar's.

I don't really know too much about them, but a thing that is a fact, is that these clears are very hard, so the advantage is that they are more resistant to scratches.

however, if they get scratched, buffing those also becomes harder. fortunately, there are compounds and polishes that can deal with these clears now
    " Sometimes logic is your friend (Mike-In-Orange)"

Comment

Originally posted by Chex View Post
      I heard about cerami-clears on the PES education video from meguiar's.

I don't really know too much about them, but a thing that is a fact, is that these clears are very hard, so the advantage is that they are more resistant to scratches.

however, if they get scratched, buffing those also becomes harder. fortunately, there are compounds and polishes that can deal with these clears now
      Chex, thanks for your reply, now I know a little bit more.

Comment

CeramiClear is the trademark name that PPG industries uses for its line of nanoparticle enhanced clearcoats.

It’s the first commercial application of nanoparticle coating technology in automotive finishing. It’s claimed to be more resistant to scratching and chemical etching than traditional coatings and was first used by Mercedes Benz.

PC.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');