• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Topping NXT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Topping NXT

I was told by John at costumer service, he says the chemical make up of wax does not allow it to adhear to its self. he said if you go over it a second time all you are going to do is get spots you missed and even it out, but you cant layer it. Mike help!!

Comment

Originally posted by Thejoyofdriving View Post
      I was told by John at costumer service, he says the chemical make up of wax does not allow it to adhear to its self. he said if you go over it a second time all you are going to do is get spots you missed and even it out, but you cant layer it. Mike help!!
      To some degree John's right. It all depends upon which definition of the word "Layer" you use. Did you read all the way through the above link I gave you or did you just post away?

Slow down your posting and spend some more time reading. Start with this one,

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle

Then this one,

Layering

Read all the way through them and then let the information soak in.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I posted the link to Layering at 8:01 and you posted at 8:05, that's less than 4 minutes?
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

well you told me to tell you who told me, didnt you?

Comment

well you told me to tell you who told me, didn't you?
            Yes I did and thank you and as I already posted John's right, spend some time reading the thread on layering.

It's Sunday morning as I type this and it's a good idea to take at least one day off a week and spend time with your family. Spending the entire day watching the forum and answering questions like yours is a great idea... but not today.
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

well you told me to tell you who told me, didnt you?
              How about taking the day off?
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I dont know if that stuff on that thread is right, just like you said mike"not every thing you read on forums is right". Take a day off? Me?!.....and miss siting on the computer talking to you and learning, never.

Comment

I dont know if that stuff on that thread is right, just like you said mike"not every thing you read on forums is right". Take a day off? Me?!.....and miss siting on the computer talking to you and learning, never.

You should have taken the friendly advice you wre given and taken the day off.

Forum Rules

Meguiar's Online Member Rules!

1. No personal attacks toward members or non-members will be tolerated.

2. No arguing with Moderators or Administrators.

3. You are welcome to disagree but you must be polite.

4. No bashing any company or their products. No bashing other people. If you can't say anything nice about someone, then don't say anything at all.

Thank you for being a contributing member and following the rules,
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

My question is the opposite to this topic:

What wax is better top top with NXT?

For example, apply Gold Class Wax, then apply NXT Gen 2.0.

Also, for the record here is where I found information on layering: http://www.meguiars.com/faq/index.cf...ection=_13#_13

I've done well over a ton of reading into both the forum and as much of the website as I can, so much information to absorb. According to the FAQ, Gold Class wax is considered a Polish/Wax, and NXT gen a Sealant, therefor it makes sense in my head that NXT would go great on top of Gold Class? ( product info from http://www.meguiars.com/faq/index.cf...ection=_53#_53 where it lists Gold Class as a Polish/Wax)

Comment

Originally posted by xantonin View Post

Hope this doesn't confuse you but both Gold Class and NXT are in the category of polish/wax, that is they both add lots of gloss plus protection.
                      • Gold Class contains a blend of natural ingredients and synthetic ingredients as such it's not considered a paint sealant.
                      • NXT contains only synthetic ingredients so it's considered a paint sealant.

It's all explained in this thread,

Is it a wax? Or a paint sealant?

Just to note, Meguiar's doesn't recommend toping one type of finishing wax with another type of finishing wax. I wrote this article because I knew people would do this outside of the no recommendation on the procedure and wanted people to think about what they were doing and to TEST their process to a small area first to make sure they were getting the results they were looking for.

This is all explained in the first message of this thread.

Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Currently I've got over 5 tabs open on threads I still haven't read that were linked to. I'm sure I've already read through more than 10 with hours after hours of materiel. I hate being the guy to ask a question that was answered already, or I hate being the one asking for help when there's plenty of self-help options available and I can do it myself.

But true you're right, that was explained. I just thought I'd throw it out there and I'm glad I did because you clarified my misconception on the definition of each product being a polish/wax/sealant.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                          1. Gold Class contains a blend of natural ingredients and synthetic ingredients as such it's not considered a paint sealant.

2. NXT contains only synthetic ingredients so it's considered a paint sealant.
                          I really don't want to bring up an old argument from the NXT 1.0 days but what is the official Meguiar's stance on whether or not there are cleaners (minor or otherwise) in NXT 2.0 sealant? If the NXT does contain cleaners does that not automatically make it a "base layer" product in that if it's layered on top of something else it will wholly or partially remove it?
                          Last edited by Bounty; May 5, 2009, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xantonin View Post

For example, apply Gold Class Wax, then apply NXT Gen 2.0.
                            As previously stated or implied, both NXT and Gold Class have polishing abrasive properties. Topping them over one another would ultimately remove the previous layer.

I find that the Yellow Wax is the best for topping. Though after claying, polishing, and then applying NXT, I would be too exhausted with the final layer of Yellow Wax. That's what a few individuals on the other automotive forums are doing. They are pretty happy with the result of using yellow wax over NXT2.0.

Using NXT or gold class prior to using Yellow Wax would ultimately remove even more fine scratces that couldn't be removed with, say, ScratchX 2.0 or Ultimate Compound.

Comment

I want to apply M80 via G110 followed by M07 topped with 2 coats of NXT 2.0. Do you guys think the two coats of glaze are overkill or does that combination sound appropriate? In theory, it sounded like a combo that would produce a nice shine and unbelievable protection. It's for my meticulously detailed daily driver.
                              James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
                              Calais Auto Detailing
                              CalaisDetails@aim.com
                              www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

Originally posted by Calais View Post
                                I want to apply M80 via G110 followed by M07 topped with 2 coats of NXT 2.0. Do you guys think the two coats of glaze are overkill or does that combination sound appropriate? In theory, it sounded like a combo that would produce a nice shine and unbelievable protection. It's for my meticulously detailed daily driver.
                                You may or may not notice a difference with M07 since M80 has a lot of polishing oils in it.

After M80 try M07 in a test spot and see if you can tell the difference.

if not then just follow up with 2 coats of NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0
                                Nick
                                Tucker's Detailing Services
                                815-954-0773
                                2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');