• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waterless....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waterless....

Car wash?

I don't wash my car!!

I use Poorboys Spray and Wipe!

Have I overlooked something in the Meguiars line?
    SRT-10 Silver

Well, Spray and Wipe is basically just a quick detail product. If you do it regularly, you could use Last Touch or something and never (rarely) have to wash your car.
    1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
    2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
    1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

Hi Newport Viper,

I have not tried the Poorboy's Spray and Wipe, but I'm sure it's a nice product. In the Meguiar's line, you have 4 options,

Meguiar's Quik Detailer

Final Inspection

Last Touch Spray Detailer

Quick Clean Marine

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Quick Clean Marine sounds similar to S&W.

Quickly and safely removes fresh water spots, mineral deposits, salt spray, boat scum and other fresh contaminants. Easy spray and wipe maintains your boat's high gloss finish between washings
        I too use S&W to wash my truck. I then finish it off with Final Detail. I'd like to see a Meguiar's product similar to S&W and QEW.

Comment

IMO, QEW is quite different. That is not waterless.

Maybe my S&W is older (it is white, not blue) and the formula changed or maybe I'm just not that bold, but for me it isn't much more useful than a regular QD. I would not use it on a dirty car. I will use it on stuff just slightly more than I'd use QD for, but am not all that comfortable with it. Also, unlike a QD, it doesn't really improve the surface in terms of gloss, etc. It just cleans it off. I dunno, I think S&W is nice for what it is, but I wouldn't consider it a waterless wash... :nixweiss:

Comment

The reason I ask, is that I live in a condo with no car wash. Luckly, the weather is good here most of the year.

Meguiars put you chemists to work! This would be a HUGE money maker!!!
            SRT-10 Silver

Comment

You know I don't think it would be a great idea to just use the Poorboy's spray and wipe system all the time. Because if the car is really dirty you can wind up putting scratches even swirl marks on your paint of your car.

Comment

Originally posted by Newport Viper
                The reason I ask, is that I live in a condo with no car wash. Luckly, the weather is good here most of the year.

Meguiars put you chemists to work! This would be a HUGE money maker!!!
                For something like this to be a "HUGE" money maker you have to convince Joe Consumer. It would be a niche product at best for enthusiasts or for people with garage queens that rarely see the road. On a truly dirty car a spray and wipe product would cause terrible swirls.
                Bob
                2001 Laser Red Mustang GT Coupe
                Click Here for pics of my Mustang

Comment

You know I don't think it would be a great idea to just use the Poorboy's spray and wipe system all the time. Because if the car is really dirty you can wind up putting scratches even swirl marks on your paint of your car.

Comment

Originally posted by chevyman2001
                    So far no problems.
                    I CCD before, I S&W.
                    SRT-10 Silver

Comment

Well, I'd have to say your car must not get very dirty. If you use the CCD, your car would have to only have very loose dust on it, not dirt or wetted down dust. Otherwise the CCD would probably ruin your paint. If you can use the CCD, you could easily use something like Final Detail or Last Touch to clean your car, and you'd get better gloss than from S&W.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');