• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*red Golf Extreme Makeover*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *red Golf Extreme Makeover*

Hello this is a special detail for me because this was my first car, it's a red VW golf MI 1998 and of course I discovered detailing at that time. Back then I didn't know that swirls could be removed and I only washed and waxed. Ignorance is bliss jejeje. Since 2002 this car belongs to my brother and he don't take very good care of it as you can see in the pictures. My brother of course will get a link to this thread in his e-mail so please tell him the importance of a clean car.

Before washing the car.

I hate doing interiors but this car really need some love. Well as you can see the interior is very dirty; I don't know how can someone drive his car all the days like this I mean look at the dust!!!!
    He plays a lot of soccer in a league with his friends so that explains the dust but you know there is a nice invention called the vacuum.

Some "little swirls" that I can't see quoted from my brother.

Some oxidation.
    ayudando a los regiomontanos a que sus autos brillen waldo_gomez@hotmail.com

Re: *red Golf Extreme Makeover*

Now for some after pictures.

He didn't know that it was red underneath

Interior afters.

Half and half.

It looks better he says.

To his credit I did this scratch when the car was still mine but I didn't have the knowledge to remove it back then.

Thanks Meguiars and the internet it's not perfect but a lot better.

Comment

I was amazed with the back bumper #83 works like magic.

Some final pictures.

comments appreciated

Comment

What can I say...that VW is like new again

Compliments! Can you tell us what products did the trick?

Comment

Look great, nice to see a Golf from Mexico (is that called the Mexican Gulf?? lol haha)

There are a lot of the cars in holland and europe, you see one on every corner. Most often the are in the before condition.
          Fiat Bravo 1.4S 12V : My Pride & Joy
          ShowYourSound

(\__/)
          (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
          (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

Is it me or does that last pic of the tire look red, as in the rubber looks red on the tire, but over all looks amazing

Comment

Excellent job, especially the scratch removal and the bumper!
              But the tires don't look very "healthy", or is it just on the pic?

Comment

I was wondering about the red tires myself. But.....the car looks AMAZING!!!! Nice job!
                Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

All the detail was accomplished in like 7 hours using a DA polisher.
                  1.For washing I used gold class and the versa angle body brush.
                  2. Then I clayed with the mild bar (blue ) from the professional line and last touch spray.
                  3. I used # 83 for the cleaning part, in some areas twice.
                  4. Then # 7 for the wet look.
                  5. Then NXT wax.
                  6. Super degreaser for the tires and fenders.
                  7. The interior got APC and the NXT interior dressing.

As for the red look on the tires I found an old product hiding in my detailing supplies of 5-6 years ago(before I discovered meguiar's), Red tint Tire gel from Black magic. Ah the memories!

I wanted to post more pictures but my gallery limit is full

Comment

I thought I remembered seeing that product somewhere but couldnt place a name on it.

Comment

Cada vez que veo esas fotos extraño mas a Mexico (que bueno que regreso cada año), pero buen hecho!!

Comment

^^^
                        Yeah, what he said

And if he said something other than great job, then ill say great job!
                        Schotography

Comment

Amazing work...
                          You brought it back to life.... Congrats on the detail..

I guess your brother will be proud to take the car back to the soccer filed to show it off to his friends….

Comment

Great job! I hope your brother takes care of it better. Tell him next time your going to charge him.
                            2016 Focus ST

Comment

In response to your brother, it is important to keep your wheels clean, that car is beautiful now that it's all clean.

KEEP IT CLEAN!! LOL,

Take care.

Aaron
                              Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');