• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White fiberglass gel coat polishing and restoring gloss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White fiberglass gel coat polishing and restoring gloss

Hi from Northern Ontario, Canada. Yes, we do have snow already on the ground. Got a job for me in Arizona, Texas, or even New Mexico ? I need to warm up.

But to the real reason I am here.

I have a 2002 Chevy 1-Ton Aerocell Van. It is basically a "bubble van" made of fiberglass by Del Truck Bodies. The gel coat is dull dreary and in need of a great restoration to new.

I have looked at liquid glass for boat gelcoat: looked at the poly coating to restore the gloss: BUT I got the brainwave to contact my friends at the Meguire's Car Crazy Forum to see if anyone out there has found a great Meguire's solution to my problem.

Anyone care to comment?

You can e-mail me at baypressure@on.aibn.com if you have suggestions.

Direct comments to Bill.

Thanks a bunch fellow Car Nuts.

Re: White fiberglass gel coat polishing and restoring gloss

Try to find the Mirror Glaze Fiberglass Oxidation Removal System (M 4965) It has # 49 Oxidation remover, # 45 Boat & RV polish and #56 Boat & RV wax in it. I have used it to resore some pretty ugly boat finishes before.

Good luck.
    Keep your mast up and your rudder wet !!

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');