• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Use Deep Crystal Polish as prep prior to polish.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use Deep Crystal Polish as prep prior to polish.

I have tried DC polish to romove fine scratches and swirl mark, Doesn't work at all. Was that only use as prep prior to polish or wax ?
    Is not how you shine your car, Is what you shine your car with

Re: Use Deep Crystal Polish as prep prior to polish.

DC Polish is used after scratch X or #80 and just before waxing. It only has mild swirl removale properties and is mainly used to enrich the shine of the paint for the wax to protect.

Comment

DC #2 polish is pure polish, i doubt it containts any abbrasive materials. ur not suppose to use that to remove fine scratches or swirl mark.

Comment

What it Means to Remove a Scratch

How To Remove Swirls By Hand

How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

DC #1 should be used if you are trying to remove just fine swirls. If the swirls are bad, try ScratchX. Like the others said, DC Polish is just that...a polish, not a scratch or swirl remover.
          Lydia's Mobile Detailing
          Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
          2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but it is my understanding that DC polish is a pure polish... meaning that it has no abrasive qualities and is only for... well... polishing. I use it on my new Mustang after claying and before waxing and my ride shines so beautifully!

Comment

Originally posted by Tillmanator View Post
              Someone correct me if I am wrong, but it is my understanding that DC polish is a pure polish... meaning that it has no abrasive qualities and is only for... well... polishing. I use it on my new Mustang after claying and before waxing and my ride shines so beautifully!
              Thats it, use to create a great shine prior to applying a wax. Its not designed to remove defects.

Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
              Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');