• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC #2 after M80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC #2 after M80

In one of the threads, it was suggested that I use M66 after M80 should there be any micromarring. To save $$, can I use DC #2 (which I already have), after M80 then follow up with wax? Please advise.

Also, is there any harm if I use the 8006 pad contaminated with #9 Swirl Remover for M80? As #9 doesn't really work for me, I don't think I'll ever use it again for my current 8006 pad. Thanks.

Re: DC #2 after M80

Originally posted by jremitio View Post
    In one of the threads, it was suggested that I use M66 after M80 should there be any micro-marring. To save $$, can I use DC #2 (which I already have), after M80 then follow up with wax? Please advise.
    The Deep Crystal Polish is a pure polish, in Meguiar's terminology this mean it contains no ingredients with the intended purpose to clean, or abrade the paint. (See The 5-Step Paint Care Cycle ). The M66 on the other hand contains diminishing abrasives and chemical cleaners and will remove micro-marring. Thus the recommendation. You could try ColorX also as it is similar to M66 in that it contains diminishing abrasives and chemical cleaners but not as strong as M66, but it should still work for what you're trying to do.

Originally posted by jremitio View Post
    Also, is there any harm if I use the 8006 pad contaminated with #9 Swirl Remover for M80? As #9 doesn't really work for me, I don't think I'll ever use it again for my current 8006 pad. Thanks.
    In your situation this would be fine.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: DC #2 after M80

Mike,

Would using #9 after M80 remove any micromarring? If so, do I still need to do slow strokes and work a small area? How many pounds of pressure do I need to apply using #9 (or M66/ColorX if #9 wouldn't work)? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');