• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solo Pad System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solo Pad System

Solo Pad System

TECHNICAL BULLETIN

Uniquely engineered wool and foam buffing pads designed to effectively work with Cut & Polish Cream (M86) for professional’s who demand a simple approach to world class swirl-free results

Part #:
    Wool Heavy Cutting Pad – WWHC7
    Diamond Foam Polishing Pad – WDFP7
    Wool Light Cutting Pad – WWLC7
    Diamond Foam Finishing Pad – WDFF7

Packaging: 1 Pad, 6 per case

Features:
    Wool Heavy Cutting Pad - 7”
    • 100% wool, 1” twisted fiber for faster cutting
    • Effective removal of sanding marks and defects
    • Color coded buffing pad, burgundy for “heavy cutting”
    • Flat pad design expands cutting area to reduce buffing time

Wool Light Cutting Pad - 7”
    • Unique 1” blend for less aggressive, safer cutting
    • Color coded buffing pad, yellow for “light cutting”
    • Flat pad design expands cutting area to reduce buffing time

Diamond Foam Polishing Pad - 7”
    • Soft foam technology removes moderate swirls and holograms
    • Delivers revolutionary, swirl free performance
    • Smoother buffing action” less chatter” with diamond pattern foam

Diamond Foam Finishing Pad - 7”
    • Ultra-soft foam technology removes light swirls and holograms
    • Delivers revolutionary, swirl free performance
    • Smoother buffing action” less chatter” with diamond pattern foam

Application Method:
    Foam Pads - D.A. Polisher, Rotary Buffer
    Wool Pads - Rotary Buffer

Directions: Choose appropriate pad for desired results. Mist dry pad with M34 Final Inspection to prime pad prior to buffing. Keep the buffing pad flat to the surface to minimize swirl marks. Clean pads frequently using appropriate tools (Foam – nylon brush or cotton towel. Wool – wool spur). Store pads in re-sealable bag while not in use.

FOR ADDITIONAL SAFETY INFORMATION, CONSULT MSDS. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN

Meguiar’s® Help Line 800-347-5700 www.meguiars.com (10/06) VMGTB-SoloPads
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Re: Solo Pad System

Wool Heavy Cutting Pad – WWHC7

Wool Light Cutting Pad – WWLC7

Diamond Foam Polishing Pad – WDFP7

Diamond Foam Finishing Pad – WDFF7
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Cool. . so the foam pads are for the G-100, but only for the SOLO system?
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Since the foam pads can be used w/ the PC, and these pads work w/ M86, can one infer that M86 is PC safe as well? Can't wait to try these out!
        1999 Ford Contour SVT
        Silver Frost/Midnite Blue
        1966/2760

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
          Cool. . so the foam pads are for the G-100, but only for the SOLO system?
          Technically the Solo pads are for the Solo system, that said the chemicals you choose to apply with these new pads don't have much say over what you use once you get them into your hands and we certainly cannot stop you from using these new foam pads with other products.
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by mike_svt View Post
            Since the foam pads can be used w/ the PC, and these pads work w/ M86, can one infer that M86 is PC safe as well?
            No. M86 is formulated for use with a rotary buffer only.

Originally posted by mike_svt View Post
            Can't wait to try these out!
            remember M86 is for fresh paint, not factory cured paint. By fresh paint we mean M86 is a product for use in body shops where fresh paint is being applied and the worked on in the next day or two.
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
              Technically the Solo pads are for the Solo system, that said the chemicals you choose to apply with these new pads don't have much say over what you use once you get them into your hands and we certainly cannot stop you from using these new foam pads with other products.
              Well, I could apply chemicals all kinds of ways, , but I'll stick with the recomended ways until someone experiments some.

I was thinking if they would bump up the swirl removal ability of #80 or #83 at all, at least the finishing pad.
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

***Bump***

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike, you should also mention the W66 backing plate. If you use a rotary a lot, this backing plate is a MUST!!! The foam padding allows some give so the backing plate does not cut into the pads.

http://www.meguiars.com/solo/productpage_w66.cfm
                  If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

I used the Solo pads - the two foam ones and the backing plate - this weekend to detail my S2000. They're wonderful, and I dare say they made my Makita easier to use - I'm pretty new to the world of rotary polishing.

The 7" size feels "just right" to me. And between the pads and the soft backing plate, the machine just glides. Very nice.

I was using them with #9 Swirl Remover 2.0 (yellow pad) and #3 Machine Glaze (black pad).

Comment

I like the SO1O system as well, and used it on my Makita yesterday with fantastic results.

Just keep in mind that if you use a product with diminishing abrasives on a non-flat pad the abrasives that are not fully broken down can be trapped in the crevices and with added pressure towards the end of the buffing cycle they can add minor scuffs that are deeper than the rest of the surrounding paint. It's not a problem, just something to be aware of when choosing pads and products.

I use M105, M86, M95, and D151 with the SO1O pads and have AMAZING results.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
                        I like the SO1O system as well, and used it on my Makita yesterday with fantastic results.

Just keep in mind that if you use a product with diminishing abrasives on a non-flat pad the abrasives that are not fully broken down can be trapped in the crevices and with added pressure towards the end of the buffing cycle they can add minor scuffs that are deeper than the rest of the surrounding paint. It's not a problem, just something to be aware of when choosing pads and products.
                        Good point. This time, I didn't notice any buildup of product in the crevices, which I was mindful of, since I've just stopped using the Lake Country pads with the little holes molded into them - which I didn't like. I also brushed the pads between each panel to get any extra stuff out of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                          No. M86 is formulated for use with a rotary buffer only.

remember M86 is for fresh paint, not factory cured paint. By fresh paint we mean M86 is a product for use in body shops where fresh paint is being applied and the worked on in the next day or two.
                          I love the 86 and the new pads,But don't most new compounds hitting the market are designed for new paint ? I have also tested it on some of the Antiques I am working and It works great !!!!!!

The photos in your post of the wool pads were they taken buy the guy who takes the burger photos for mickey D's because my pads look like they were run over by a steam roller ?

Comment

M86 is designed to work with new paints, but I have found it to work very well out here (like it better than M105). Although it's not recommended, it's all about finding which product works for you.

M105 works on every paint - new and old, soft and hard.

The only CCS pad that I liked was the red polishing. The others were just a pain to work with.

That being said, I've used M86 and M105 with W8207 and W7207 pads without a problem.
                            Chris
                            Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Originally posted by PorscheGuy997 View Post
                              M86 is designed to work with new paints, but I have found it to work very well out here (like it better than M105). Although it's not recommended, it's all about finding which product works for you.

M105 works on every paint - new and old, soft and hard.

The only CCS pad that I liked was the red polishing. The others were just a pain to work with.

That being said, I've used M86 and M105 with W8207 and W7207 pads without a problem.
                              I keep starting out with 105 but after 15 min I keep going back to 3M 6085. But after reading Nick's review on #95 I picked up a bottle and was blown away, Meg's did it ,A Meguiar's compound I prefer over 3M's Thank you. It only took 28 years.# 95 is INCREDIBLE !!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');