• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solo Pad System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Solo Pad System

Too bad these can't be used on my Cyclo.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveSouthDetailing View Post
      Too bad these can't be used on my Cyclo.
      Do you mean the pads? (That's what this thread is about)

Or the chemicals being talked about?

The new M105 for use with DA polishers should work as well as the new M205

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hi
        Can the solo foam pads be used with a 6 inch backing plate?
        In other words, can they be used with the backing plate that comes with the G220?
        Thanks
        Cars:
        BMW e60 530
        Toyota Yaris

Comment

nobody?
          I have an order on the way and together with my g220 i got the solo pads.
          I hope i dont have to trow them away
          Cars:
          BMW e60 530
          Toyota Yaris

Comment

Yes and no.

Yes, the Solo foam pads can be used with the DA. But, don't use the wool pads.

Why not get the Soft Buff 2.0 pads? Unlike the Solo pads, the Soft Buff 2.0 pads are washable.
            Chris
            Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

I m just reffering to the soft foam ones not the wool.
              I didnt get the Softbuff 2.0 because i wanted to try them, but the fact that they may not fit didnt cross my mind.Thank you very much PorscheGuy997
              Cars:
              BMW e60 530
              Toyota Yaris

Comment

The Solo pads are part of the Solo System which is a system specifically developed for working on fresh paint in body shops where the primary tool used is the rotary buffer.

We don't recommend using the Solo Pads with a DA Polisher and don't offer a specific backing plate for this application.

Also just to note, the diamond cut pattern grooves in the Solo Pads won't work with diminishing abrasive products and should only be used with SMAT products.

What are you working on?
                What are you trying to accomplish?

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Gona be working on a 2 year old BMW and an older Toyota mainly.
                  Elimination of swirls is my main goal.
                  I understand that it was a mistake not to search better so that i knew those were not the best for me.
                  Am i gonna damage the finish using them?Should i not use them at all and get the correct ones?
                  Cars:
                  BMW e60 530
                  Toyota Yaris

Comment

We're not one of those forums where when someone asks a question all the member's chime in and post,

"Use the Search button"

Originally posted by N52 View Post
                    Am i gonna damage the finish using them?Should i not use them at all and get the correct ones?
                    Just a guess from the title under your forum nickname, are you in Greece?

If so and you've already ordered them and they're en route to you, then it's up to you, your other options aren't much fun, like shipping these pads back and then ordering the right pads and waiting for all this to happen before you can work on your car.

That said, as long as you use products like M105 and M205 or Ultimate Compound, ScratchX 2.0 or SwirlX there won't be any chemical to pad problems, avoid using diminishing abrasive products with non-flat pads.

The best thing to do would be to get some flat faced foam polishing and finishing pads as soon as you can and then either wait till you get these or switch over to them after they arrive and you detail the car again.

Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

So being new to rotary polishing (Makita 9227 on order) - I was thinking to use the M105 with the solo wool pads & solo backing-plate (I like the soft layer on the W66 backing plate). I'm just wondering - when not using W86 is it better to use the W4000 or are the solo-pads a good/better choice ? Finishing will be done with the M205 & the (traditional) foam-pad W8207. Not looking to buy the solo foam-pads at this point in time as I won't be using M86 for now. Do all solo-pads (and the W66 backing-plate) have the 5.75 inch (146 mm) velcro like the 6,5/7 inch foam pads (8207 etc) ?

Also, as I've never touched one so far - can sb shed a light on the wool-pad W5000 pad (double-sided) and the use for it (how it compares to W4000/solo wool pads) ?

Thx,
                      Gert

Comment

Bump !

Comment

Originally posted by Michael B. View Post
                          Bump !
                          Nice bump! It's the first time I've seen a nearly two-year bump, but you chose a classic thread to do so!

Comment

yeah i was reading the thread the other day, and i figured that maybe someone had an answer to gvds quiestion

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');