• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Class for Members of Meguiar's Online!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Open Class for Members of Meguiar's Online!

Mike's classes are terrific, but thruthfully I'd draw the line at driving my (illegal) CLK DTM AMG to Meguiar's HQ on a California one trip permit.

I'd live with the swirls and keep the car vs. the options of exporting or crushing it if caught!

Comment

It was an amazing day at Meguiar's. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Meguiar's and Mike Phillips for offering this 101 detailing class. This was my third time I attended this class for the last 2 years. I kept thinking, what new stuff I can learn this time? Perhaps nothing new, but I was so wrong, there were a few areas that I did not know at all and I am glad that I was able to learn it this time.
      I am amazed how Mike was able to keep the class focused and entertained at the same time despite a few technical difficulties during the Power point presentation.
      I wished that I could have able to stay a bit longer to help working on the Porsche. Oh well, next time.
      Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!

Comment

Plenty of cool cars on hand last Saturday brought by our members...

David Pykett brought his Hertz Rental Mustang...

Classic BMW

Dodge Magnum SRT8
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Mark Cummins brought the Pedal Car he drove as a little boy to Meguiar's Garage for some repair and then polishing. It has been restored and repainted using an Imron paint, (leftover from an Airplane Project), and it's a wonderful example of a classic pedal car except right out in the front, middle of the hood were some splotches of Epoxy Glue that had somehow landed and then bonded to the paint.

Mark brought the Pedal Car to a previous "Open Garage" and we threw everything in the book at it but to no avail. It was recommended that he try using a heat gun to carefully heat the Epoxy Glue and then chip or scrape it off after it was heated, but to do this in a way that the paint wasn't overheated and altered.

So... Mark brings his trusty, but dusty heat gun and we give it try and with a little heat and a little scraping with our thumbnail we get the epoxy glue off the paint. The Epoxy glue did however leave sub-surface imprints in the paint so to remove these we wet-sanded the paint down using some #2000 Nikken Finishing papers and then removed our sanding marks to restore a beautiful, glue-free finish!

Thank you Mark for bringing us your family heirloom to work on...

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Man, that pedal car is WAY too cool! Wish I had been able to hang around to see that worked on.

Oh.....ahem....BTW.....that's a Dodge Magnum SRT8....
            2006 Brilliant Black Pearl Magnum SRT8 * Option Groups I, II & III * Moon Roof * Quaife LSD
            * GSM ESP/Fan Mod * GSM CAI * Magnaflow Hi-Flow Cats * Mopar Cat-Back Exhaust * KW V2 Coilovers

Comment

Mike spelling error on front page if it matters to you. MacHine.

Too bad I couldn't make it, looks like you guys had too much fun.
              Schotography

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                We really had a great class today and even some special guest from the U.K.

The last man standing just now left so it's time to clean up and head for home! We'll try to post some pictures later tonight!

Thank you to everyone that attended today, it was a lot of fun!
                Uh, some what of a correction on that Mike... the man on the right is Rob Mellaart of Meguiars in Holland and on the left Sven from Belgium. Maybe David lives in the U.K. ? Okay, Holland (Also called The Netherlands... ) and Belgium are near the U.K. but there's a slight difference... mainly the language...

Comment

Those Hertz Stangs and That mercedes look awesome...

Comment

The Sat Class Was Great ...Ive Been to a Few and Keep learning More tricks!
                    Thank You Meguiars for the Class

Special Thanks To Mike for the Time taken to restore the Pedal Car!!!

Comment

I am on the front page!

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');