• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remove stubborn stains?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove stubborn stains?

hello

Unfortunately, I don't have any pics of what I'm describing at the moment. I will try to post them ASAP tomorrow. But here is my problem:

I have a black TL and I've only noticed this problem occuring on the painted plastic parts of the car. My car is only 6 months old and I am pretty anal about caring for my car's finish. I've noticed some faint stains that look similar to water spots (maybe they are light water spots) appearing on the side mirror housing and on the deck lip spoiler. They can only be seen from an angle. Usually, with water spots on the car's body, I can remove them easily w/ my NXT detailing spray after I wash my car. I've also tried claying the areas in question and the stains remain. When I run my fingers across the surface, I don't feel the stains. The paint feels smooth. What can you guys recommend I use to remove these stains?

thank you

Re: How to remove stubborn stains?

buy some Meguiars deep crystal paint cleaner and give that a try cheapest thing to try first

Comment

You may have a touch of etching, and the DC Cleaner probably wont be strong enough to remove them.

Try ScratchX.

What it Means to Remove a Scratch

How To Remove Swirls By Hand

How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

thanks for the suggestions, i'll swing by my local kragens tonight.

Comment

here are the pics of my problem:

as you can see, the spots/stains can only be seen at an angle, unlike regular water spots. The spots are on the entire lip spoiler.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');