• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pressure Washer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pressure Washer?

3 month update on my 1800 psi Husky electric.

I still really like this electric. Granted it's only been 3 months, but that equates to power washing two large water features (1,000 gallon ponds and waterfalls), two granite fountains, the house, three decks, a limestone patio and a dozen cars. This is the best electric I've owned and so far I would buy it again.

I'll follow-up again at 6 months.
    Jim
    My Gallery

Comment

I've got a Gerni 100.2 pressure washer.

Here in Australia, Karchers are the biggest name over here, but they've got plastic pumps, whereas the Gerni and Bosch ranges all have aluminium pumps, much more durable.....

Mine is just the entry level pressure washer.....1450psi from memory....scored it on sale for $99AUD...more than enough to do the job, and it's got a couple of different nozzles for different water pressure, the soft one is perfect for washing & rinsing the car.......the 'hard' one is too much, would use it to clean concrete!!!

Also came with a foam gun attachment.....fill it up with cheap car wash soap.........good for a pre-rinse and surface lubrication!!

Comes with a 2 year warranty........very happy so far, easy to use, hasn't missed a beat so far.....had it around 6 months!!!

Comment

While I have had a 6.5 HP, 2200 #, 2 GPM unit for several years, I seldom ever used it on our vehicles.
        Pressure washed a deck once, a house two or three times and a boat a couple of times. Wheel wells on vehicles once or twice. Not much use for the money spent.
        It hasn't moved from its corner in the garage for a year, possibly two.
        In my case, it was not a good investment at all.
        In the rare cases where our vehicles need pressure washing in the wheel well area, I just go to the DIY car wash.
        Charles
        The Rainmaker

Comment

I own a Karcher electric pressure washer for at least the past 3 years. I use it on stamped concrete, driveway, sidewalks, windows, porch area, barbeque grill, wheel wells, wheels, tires, to pre and rinse the paint surface. I cannot see myself without one. It really leaves the vehicles cleaner as oppose to just using the garden hose. I would venture to say a gasoline unit would only be needed if you are in need of some very deep cleaning of a surface. The electric pressure works for my needs and you use less water.

Comment

Originally posted by jfelbab View Post

I'll follow-up again at 6 months.

Comment

Ok, so I got distracted and it is now 12 months since my last update on the Husky 2000S.

Everything still works, no broken parts and it has seen a lot of use. As I mentioned I have several large water features on my property which need routine pressure washing as well as three TREK decks and a limestone patio. I find this model invaluable for car care as well and have washed over 100 cars with it.

As previously mentioned, This unit has two on-board tanks for soaps/APCs and a low, medium and high pressure mode wand. It also comes with a turbo cleaning wand and a right angle wand for cleaning hard to reach areas like fender wells and undercarriages. I like the fact that I can use the medium pressure to clean my wheels and fender wells with no worry of damage. The unit does a great job of foaming the vehicles using my Shampoo Plus in one tank and cleaning tires and fender wells with APC in the other.

Overall, this Husky is still the best electric pressure washer I've owned to date and I've owned several of the major brands. It has seen a lot of use and still looks and runs as it did when new. I like it even more now then I did at three months and would buy it again today.

Now all that said, I still think that as a group, these under $300 electric pressure washers are lacking in quality control during manufacturing. I believe they are all made in China and some come out good and others junk.

I'd suggest that if you're planning to purchase one of these consider an extended replacement warranty as well. This particular model came with a three year warranty from Home Depot but I'd not want to own one without a long warranty.
              Jim
              My Gallery

Comment

Comment

I own a detailing shop and car wash and we use a pressure washer for all the cleaning you just have to watch the pressure rate is at.

Comment

Reading through this thread I'm thinking the one I bought is slightly overkill....

Comment

I also have a Gerni 140.2 and can highly recommend it. Mine came with a "patio cleaner" which does a great job of cleaning the driveway. http://www.best-pressure-washer-revi...re-washer.html

Comment

Ok, so I got distracted (again) and it is now 27 months since my last update on the Husky 2000S.

Everything still works as before. I did have an issue with the soap tank diverter valve where the feed hose had slipped off but I was able to slip it back on with a little silicone based sealant and it is working again. The valve repair required taking the PW apart. I got to see the internal construction and it didn't overwhelm me with confidence. I'd say the pump was aluminum but the design and construction of the diverter valve looked to be junk.

On the plus side, while the pressure hose is kinking a bit it is not showing much wear, the attachment all still work and the unit doesn't leak. The only maintenance I encountered is the periodic cleaning of the water hose filter screen and lubing of the o-rings. All in all, it shows no sign of stopping any time soon. Since I don't believe this model is still available in stores, this will be my last follow-up.
                        Jim
                        My Gallery

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');