• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing Seats For Interior Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Seats For Interior Cleaning

Hi everyone:

I'm starting to get used with interior detailing, but still have the fear of removing seats cuz I once heard that if you do things wrong, you can activate the airbags. is this true?

what should I care when removing seats from new cars, lets say, in a year range from 96 to 2007?

thanks
    " Sometimes logic is your friend (Mike-In-Orange)"

Re: Removing Seats For Interior Cleaning

If you are afraid of setting off an air bag you can disconnect the battery. I have never had an air bag go off on me.
    You left out licking the water off. Oh, wait a minute, that's my cat, not my car. Uh, I mean my cat licks himself dry. I don't lick my cat dry. Or my car. -PC.

Comment

Originally posted by MaximusZTS View Post
      If you are afraid of setting off an air bag you can disconnect the battery. I have never had an air bag go off on me.
      Disconnect the battery before messing with the seat's, and that should solve your worry's...
      http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...g_sig_copy.jpg

Comment

After unhooking the battery its best to turn some lights on.. Or I guess just opening a door would do if your lights come on when you open a door. Mine dont since I keep them turned off. Could also give the horn a blow to make sure all the electricity stored in capacitors are drained.
        Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
        Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Is it really necessary to remove the seats?

I could see if you are trying to remove a stain or goo that has run down along the side an under or something but I can always vacuum up everything loose with a crevice tool.
          It's only weird because it's not normal

www.project-one.us

Comment

With some cars that are small it is hard to get inbetween and around things and once you take the seats out it is much easier and you get your car cleaner.
            Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

I would just leave the seats in unless you really need to get under there or if it was some kind of show car.
              Then you dont have to worry about airbags or batterys.
              On the other hand if you think the customer is going to take out the seats to check your work.....then maybe you should remove them.

Comment

I just push the seats back as far as they go, wacum and clear the front then slide them forward and do the same in the back, so far never had any problems in reaching around them.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');