• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applying Tech Wax on top of Deep Crystal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying Tech Wax on top of Deep Crystal

Using up stuff around the house, can I apply Tech Wax to a car that has been cleaned and polished with Deep Crystal System 1 & 2. I thought I heard once that Tech Wax would not adhere properly if applied after Deep Crystal
    Jezroj
    Sunnyside, California

Re: Applying Tech Wax on top of Deep Crystal

It will adhere fine and look GREAT!!!
    Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

Adding to what TH0001 said.... All Meguiars cleaners/polishes/waxes work well together, I have never experienced any problems. So go for it and as mentioned above it will look GREAT!
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by jezroj View Post
        Using up stuff around the house, can I apply Tech Wax to a car that has been cleaned and polished with Deep Crystal System 1 & 2. I thought I heard once that Tech Wax would not adhere properly if applied after Deep Crystal
        The bonding misconceptions come from the Zaino crowd that use the analogy of applying a car wax to be similar to painting a car where when you're painting a car the surface has to be absolutely clean and free of any substance that could interfere with paint adhesion to the primered surface. While this is true for applying fresh paint to cars, it's not true for most car care systems on the market including Meguiar's.

It may be true for the Zaino system, that is the paint has to be clean and free of any substance that would interfere with the ingredients in Zaino from bonding to the paint, but it's not true of Meguiar's waxes and paint protectant when being applied over our compounds, paint cleaners, cleaner/polishes and pure polishes.

Here are a couple of threads that discuss this in the Hot Topics forum,

Do Glazes/Fillers affect the bonding of NXT?

A question on wax bonding and the potential for interference by a quick detailer?

After washing and claying if needed, apply your paint cleaner, polish and then wax, we're sure when you're finished the results will be fantastic.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');