• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 Step on White Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Step on White Car

1.Ok so i have brought a white car that is actually worth looking after, so is it really necessary to use the Meguairs 3 Step or will something like the NXT Tech Wax do the same job for a white car or will the 3 step still give me better results?

2. If i use the 3 step what sould i use to "top up" my shine say every 2 weeks when i wash my car?

Cheers

Re: 3 Step on White Car

Welcome,
    I have white car also. Since getting the PC
    I use Quik Clay, followed by 80 then #21 Synthetic sealeant.
    Before that I used Meguiars Deep Crystal System. Good Stuff.
    You do not have to polish everytime. NXT would be good for in between full details and it lasts a long time. Hope that makes sense.
    I clay it once a year since it it garaged. White is hard to get to pop.
    MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

Do you use a rotary buffer or do it by hand, is there much difference with using a rotary buffer or doing it by hand or does the use of buffer just take less time? Why did you switch from the 3 step to #80 then #21?

thanks and sorry for all the questions i just want to make sure im going purchase the right product before spending my hard earned cash!

Comment

sorry about double post but another question i have:

with the mothers 3 step system step one should only be used about 2 times a year, with the Meguiars Paint Cleaner and polisher how often should these be used?

Thanks

Comment

They can be used every week if you want. Just have to evaluate the surface and see how often you need it.

I'll let kelly answer the other questions about the process used...
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

so can anyone else tell me what i should use on a white car by hand? Is 3 step a waste of time on a white car?

Comment

Its not a waste of time, as 3 steps will give the best results.

However, if it is a dramatic difference is another story. Some people could tell the difference, some couldnt.

I use ColorX (Colour Boost) topped with #21 on my car. It gives pretty darn good looks, and does it a bit quicker than a full process would. I like that because my car is a daily driver, parked outside, so investing a lot of time isnt worth it. But I also realize I am sacrificing a little in looks, but not too much.

So is doing extra steps going to give you a big difference, maybe, maybe not. If the extra time isnt worth it to you, then maybe try a process similar to mine, and see if it satisfies you.
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I usually use the 3 step 4 times a year, once before every season.
                Then I use Megs #21 in between, Though I just tried out Color X. More good stuff! The one step does take less time. The extra steps are worth it. I can tell on white. It glistings. Almost snow blind in direct sunlight.This car is a daily driver.

Comment

Thanks for that, just wondering why you choose #21 over #20?

Comment

No reason. Actually never tried 20. 21 is what I like to use now.

Comment

So do you use 21 buy hand or with a buffer?? Also i see people tape up the rubber seals on there car, Are you only supposed to do that with with a rotary buffer / DA?

Comment

I use both. Some places the PC can't get. I tape to keep polish/wax off the trim. Easier to tape than to clean it out.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');