• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT on a 1997.5 Regal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT on a 1997.5 Regal

I tried NXT for the first time on my wife's Regal. The car had been prepped about 3 weeks ago with DACP and Medallion Premium Paint Protectant. So all I did was wash the car and apply the NXT. So far I'm quite pleased. We'll see how it holds up.

The first two shots aren't composed very well, but here are the shots anyway.

1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
    2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
    1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Two more (not sure why I can't post 4 linked images in one post...)

Comment

Oooh, I like that 3rd picture the best I think. The clouds look great!
      Brian
      Always working to have the best looking car on the block. Of course, I'm the only one with an Aurora, so I guess I have a head start.

Comment

Wait a minute...

You put MPPP on before NXT? Wouldn't this affect the adhersion properties with a semi-synthetic under a synthetic?
        -The Final Detail-
        Lagrange, Kentucky
        thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
        CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Originally posted by Rockpick
          Wait a minute...

You put MPPP on before NXT? Wouldn't this affect the adhersion properties with a semi-synthetic under a synthetic?
          Mike has said before that MPPP has no actual wax in it. But if it does or it doesn't, I've no idea what it'll do to the bonding. I just wanted to try it out. :p

In actuality, the NXT seems to be a bit solventy, so I wonder if it wouldn't just remove any MPPP anyway. Mosca said he didn't lift paint with the NXT, but it doesn't feel the way Blackfire or Zaino or SG do to me. It seems more solventy, a bit like MPPP.

Comment

Aurora40,
            Thanks for the pics. Looks nice. Also looking forward to any feedback on how it holds up. I have to live vicariously through those of you in warmer climes until Spring gets here (we had 4" of snow last night and its 15 degrees here now )...

John

Comment

Well, I can see why you are pleased. That looks really nice!
              Boss_429

Comment

Originally posted by JohnAndDar
                Aurora40,
                Thanks for the pics. Looks nice. Also looking forward to any feedback on how it holds up. I have to live vicariously through those of you in warmer climes until Spring gets here (we had 4" of snow last night and its 15 degrees here now )...

John
                LOL, I have about the same weather here in northern Virginia. When I did the Regal, it was about 25 degrees out. It's been in the teens most days the last week or so.

Comment

i wish i lived where some of you do we just wen't through a cold snap of -40 temps did the nxt go on easier then gold class?

Comment

Originally posted by mopar
                    i wish i lived where some of you do we just wen't through a cold snap of -40 temps did the nxt go on easier then gold class?
                    It goes on pretty easily. Probably about the same as Gold Class liquid. But it comes off much easier. Gold Class was pretty streaky in my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora40
                      Mosca said he didn't lift paint with the NXT....
                      A statement I've retracted. It's about as cleaner-y as Gold Class, imo. Not enough to call it a "cleaner wax", but enough to know it's there.

Tom
                      As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosca
                        A statement I've retracted. It's about as cleaner-y as Gold Class, imo. Not enough to call it a "cleaner wax", but enough to know it's there.

Tom
                        Then I retract my saying that you said it...

It seemed cleanery to me too, though all my cars are clearcoated. It seems similar to MPPP, maybe a bit less, as far as solvent/cleaning power to me. It's been so long since I've used Gold Class, I can hardly remember what it is like...

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');