• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bosch GEX 270AE random orbit buffer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bosch GEX 270AE random orbit buffer

You guys need help on the correct speed to use on the GEX 270 AE with your MG pads and polishes / cleaners / waxes? ask the great sifu zeytee, and all will be answered, heheh.

The GEX is a great alternative to G-100, but as always, practice makes perfect.
    yep, so little posts, 'cause you guys have have made it easier for me, thanks!

Comment

yewps...the bosch gex 270AE is a great tool for us malaysians since we can't get the PC.

price ranges from rm290-300+ over here in kuala lumpur.

Comment

remove the rubber ring thats round the machine at the backingplate, thats the one cutting in to the pads.
        I Got a aeg 460 Exe 460.

Comment

Originally posted by Bence View Post
          Yes, some have succeeded glueing the velcro back using Gorilla Glue, etc.

I forgot that I use this machine to polish CDs and DVDs for a DVD rental company.

Just curious, but how do you handle the CD/DVD and the machine when you polish them? Do you lay them flat and pass over them? Do you clamp the machine down and pass the CD over the pad in your hand or in a holder? What polish do you use? Both sides?

Comment

I've just bought GEX 270 AE 2 days ago. can I use megs W8006 for the polishing pads?how much pressure i should go for using #80? is around 10-15 pounds enough or just too hard? thx.

Comment

MI DOG, there is no such thing like "standard applied pressure". All depends on the speed of the machine, the hardness of the paint and other minor variables. On some soft finishes, the own weight of the machine may be sufficient, while harder paints can require more pressure.

Comment

i bought this...hope i don't kill my paint

From what i've read, i won't need any special pads, just use the terry cloths to apply the wax and buff it off.

Comment

If you don't want to kill your paint, forget terry cloths on a rotary...

Comment

Originally posted by Bence View Post
                    If you don't want to kill your paint, forget terry cloths on a rotary...
                    awww hell, maybe i should just do it by hand...

what pads would i use?
                    all i'm using it for is WAX!

Comment

Then use it with very low revs, a microfiber bonnet over a softer pad, or even better, finishing/finessing pads.

You'll have the option to learn to use it properly, and then beau details will follow!

Comment

I want to ask something about bosch gex270 AE, i've used it this morning por polishing the hood with megs W8006 and #80. But it takes 3 shot of #80 each panels to eliminate water marks,is it usual or my paint is too oxidized? and is it normal if the machine heated while being used?because i thing it's very hot..

thx.

Comment

The water marks can vary in their toughness and you are maybe using too much polish if it is not working effectively. The machine will usually be warm, but not that hot...

Comment

its very tough.. like severe oxidation.so what should i use for cutting the watermarks?can i use Bosch RO Polisher and W8006?Yeah,maybe it is warm hehehe..

Comment

Upgrade the polish because it is not strong enough apparently. We have very dirty rain here, and sometimes I have to use heavy cutting polish to get rid of the calcium deposits. There are polish formulas that can solve the problem chemically, so you can try an AIO-type of product, such as Carlack 68, Klasse AIO, etc.

Comment

we have carlack 68 here. so the AIO product can get off the water marks with no abrasive?it is save for clear coat?

thx

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');