• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have checked the various forum categories and am unsure where to put this question so please feel free to move it if 101 is the wrong spot. Having been a member for quite a while, I seldom, if ever, log in or out. Lately, though, I have been barred from posting new threads or replies because I have not logged in. I do this and everything is fine. My question - finally: Should I be logging in each time I join the forum, and logging out when leaving? I guess I always assumed it was automatic. A little guidance would be appreciated. TIA.

Re: Log in/out

Someone else might be able to jump in and give you the official answer. But for now... I don't think I have ever signed out since I've been a member. I use my computer at work and at home. Never had any problems.
    Scott

Comment

I've never signed in or out and never had a problem until very recently, as I stated. And even now it isn't a problem - takes about 10 seconds to log in. I was thinking maybe there's some sort of protocol I'm unaware of. Thanks for the reply - felt sort of like a dufus even asking such a basic question.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Jag View Post
        I've never signed in or out and never had a problem until very recently, as I stated. And even now it isn't a problem - takes about 10 seconds to log in. I was thinking maybe there's some sort of protocol I'm unaware of. Thanks for the reply - felt sort of like a dufus even asking such a basic question.

NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Bob - I've no doubt you are absolutely correct. Unfortunately, I've not the remotest notion what a cookie is, let alone whether I've accepted them or cleaned them out. Usually I just eat the damn things. Is this something I need to adjust somewhere?

Comment

This is either a cookie issue or a firewall issue.

First, what format computer are you using, Mac or PC?

Second, which browser do you read the forum with, Microsoft Internet Explorer? Or Firefox, or something else?

Third, does you compuer use firewall software like ZoneAlarm?
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

In Internet Explorer 6... go on the top menu to 'tools' then 'internet options' then 'privacy'. Click the 'edit' button in the lower left of the window. Add meguiarsonline.com to the allow list. Should be good to go. Let us know if that works for you.
              Scott

Comment

Mike - I much appreciate your response.
                1st-pc
                2nd-I log on to the internet through Internet Explorer (I just switched from AOL dial up to Verizon "high speed." Since I'm not familiar with IE I then pull up AOL, which has my Megs settings).
                3rd-no
                Thanks again for any assistance. Feel free to talk to me about this as though I were a complete imbecile. No offense will be taken. My wife does it all the time.

Comment

BlueZero - Just caught your response. Will do, and thank you! I won't have any idea what I did but I'll be grateful.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');