• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zaino guy, just bought my first bottle of NXT yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zaino guy, just bought my first bottle of NXT yesterday

Well, i guess you could say i'm a "former" Zaino guy now. lol

I've read a lot about this NXT stuff from over at one of the mustang boards i frequent. I figured i'd give it a try, because the entire Zaino process was just way to much time (not to mention very $$$$).

It's been about 2 months since i did a full job on the car. I bought the NXT tech wax yesterday and couldn't wait, so at 10pm i washed, claybar'd, and applied a coat of NXT. I'm always fighting swirl mark problems, but i only used NXT this time to see how good of a job it does on its own. I was fairly happy.

I love this forum, and looking forward to gaining more knowledge on proper detailing and "tricks of the trade."
    '97 Mustang GT
    Black/Black leather

your ride looks sweet!
    if it's information you want you'll get it here. hope you enjoy the forum.
    2019 GMC Sierra
    1500 AT4

Comment

This forum loves stangers.. Welcome! Your ride looks great! I haven't gotten caught up in the Zaino thing. I'm just sticking with NXT. How much trouble is the "Z" product??

Comment

Hi Matt -- i have a 2000GT, black convertable and i love NXT. You will see the more you use it the better your car will look. I found that the NXT really makes a black car stand out. I get alot of comments on the shine. I use the #7 polish as well and the color just 'pops'

Comment

Hi Matt97GT,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Your Mustang is looking sharp! I think you'll find the NXT creates a very nice deep, dark reflective shine that looks awesome in any light. The below two cars are just two examples of cars that started out with nothing but Zaino and now both sport NXT Tech Wax,

Welcome!

Mike
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

NXT certainly is the shiz for black cars! You color on your mustang looks very deep and wet!

Comment

looks very good....
              "YEH THOUGH I WALK THROUGH THE VALLEY OF RICE, I SHALL FEAR NO TURBO....FOR TORQUE ART WITH ME..."

Comment

Welcome to the light
                Later,
                Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
                Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by scrub
                  This forum loves stangers.. Welcome! Your ride looks great! I haven't gotten caught up in the Zaino thing. I'm just sticking with NXT. How much trouble is the "Z" product??

It's trouble unless you like spending 2-3 days working on your car. lol

With the Zaino, it stresses prep-work big time.

Washing the car twice with dawn dish soap, then claying it. After that, i was using Stage 1 and 2 from the Mother's line of their Pre-wax cleaner (st.1) and the sealer & glaze polish (st. 2). After all that, you had to re-wash the car again, and then apply a coat of the Z-1. When they say thin coats, they mean it too. After letting it sit for an hour or two, you then apply a coat of the z-2 polish right on top. Then after a few hours, you buff it all off. Then spray/wipe down the car with the z-6 gloss spray.

It was just too much for me, time and money wise. I mean, in the pics above, that's 1 coat of NXT after washing and claying down the car....and i hadn't touched the car for a few months while at school, besides washing it once every other week or so.

Mike-

I read that '99 Corvette thread, and my mouth dropped. The pic of it in the garage is just incredible. I've got a lot to learn....and i thought my 7" Craftsman orbital buffer was "car crazy" status.
                  '97 Mustang GT
                  Black/Black leather

Comment

Very nice looking... now you have reached satisfying results with the NXT i think you will stick to this board and Meguiar's i think .
                    Anyway welcome and a lot of fun here....

Comment

~One man’s opinion / observations ~

In defence of Zanio its application time has been lessened by Zanio’s addition of a product called ZFX a Cure Accelerator and it does have durability.

For less (time, money and effort) you can obtain the same ‘look’ with NXT (as any number of photographs posted here will tesify).

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/ Jon
                      justadumbarchitect * so I question everything *
                      ~ Providing unbiased advice that Professional and Enthusiast Detailer’s Trust ~ Blog – http://togwt1980.blogspot.com

Comment

I've applied The Z2 both with the ZFX and without the ZFX, side by side on a new, clear coated black BMW and noticed no difference in the length of time it took for the product to dry which was about 20- to 30 minutes. (For both).

For what it's worth.

Mike
                        Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I came across this forum by chance when I was on the MBWORLD.NET. Some guy tried to solicit participation in the Meguirs car care product demo (or something like that). Because it was close to my house I wanted to see what the demo demonstrated. But instead I became intrigued with the other forums, especially this product called NXT. Since I have a pretty new black car I tend to spend a lot of time pampering it. So I read through the NXT forum and did not see anybody slamming the product. I have purchased lots and lots of different car wax and related products and was not a big fan of Meguir’s products until I read all the raves about NXT. So I did some research on the internet about NXT and thought is was the same as Prestone’s product (sells for only $3.99 and is the second best stuff I bought) but ten bucks more. Prestone brags that it's not a wax but chemicals that wedge themselves into/onto the paint molecules and protect your car longer while keeping a great shine. In fact you have to apply it in direct sunlight to make sure that the paint particles expand and allow for the chemicals to fill and cover the paint molecules. But reading all the positive talk from all kinds of car enthusiast I decided to buy a bottle of NXT this weekend and WOW it is definitely the best car was product I have purchased. I have tried, at least, 10 different products (Zymol, Prestone non wax synthetic polymers, Autowerks, Mguires gold etc.) in the past two years and hands down NXT is the Best! I did two coats (12 hours apart) and to be honest I could have gotten away with only one. I am going to buy the spray wax sometime this week. After the first coat I saw all the little swirls disappear and the second coat filled in the deeper ones. I was so impressed I ranted and raved about it at work and it looks like a few people are going to purchase a bottle this week. In fact I parked next to another black MBZ this morning and mine looks so much better.

Comment

Zaino for me cures very quickly.I can lay down 3 coats in about an hour 1/2.But that being said i can achieve the same look with 1 coat of nxt other then 6 to 10 coats of zaino.In the end it just comes down to useing what you like an what works for you.

Comment

As a guy who does this for a living, on some very high end cars, I did a little math.

I care about costs almost as much as I care about longevity. I want my clients to look at their vehicle after two months, and still go: "WOW, Jimmy Buffit really did me right!"

I can do about 15 cars with a bottle of NXT.
                              At 14.99, that's a buck a car, kinda pricey, frankly.

But, if the Zaino system costs $150, can I do 150 cars? No way. It is very expensive, from a 'production' stand point...

So, with quite comparable results on most cars, NXT has a 'go-to' status in my shop.

Jim
                              If it was easy, everybody'd be doing it!

www.jimmybuffit.com

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');