• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warranty question about the G100...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warranty question about the G100...

Am I going to void my lifetime warranty if I replace the power cord on the G100 with a longer one?

I get tired of dragging out my extention cord everytime I break out the DA, and I'd like to replace the short 6' cord with a longer 25' or something like that.

What do ya'll think??

Nick
    Last edited by Nick Chapman; Nov 25, 2006, 08:48 AM.
    2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
    2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Re: Warranty question about the G100...

I wouldn't have thought so Nick but best call Customer Services just to be sure

Also, I have fitted a longer cable to my Makita Rotary and found 10meter's to be the perfect length.........like you I was fed up pulling extensions about

Bryan

Comment

Does anyone know of an answer from Meg's about this? I've been wondering for a while, just haven't gotten around to calling them.
      Lydia's Mobile Detailing
      Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
      2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

i would assume the warranty would be void, if you do anything to it other than the way it originally came to you. if anything went wrong with it, the possibility is always there because you altered it. give customer service a call first, before you do anything...

Comment

Extension cords are a drag to drag out, lol (no pun intended). But I find my pc cord gets twisted up after a while and I like the ability to unplug it from the drop cord to get the twists out.

Something to think about anyway.
          r. b.

Comment

We'll send the link to this thread to Customer Care for them to reply to.
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Great question. We absolutely understand your desire for a longer cord. Unfortunately the answer to your question is "yes". If you replace the factory cord you will void your warranty. Please understand we are not trying to be sticklers for the rules we just have to be careful about any precedents we set. We cannot tell our customers it's okay to open up their machine and replace parts at will. That is an "at your own risk" kind of thing. I am with you on a longer cord though. Great idea.
              Brian Hann
              Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
              Meguiar's Inc.
              Irvine, California
              bhann@meguiars.com
              (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Originally posted by n737nc View Post
                I get tired of dragging out my extention cord everytime I break out the DA, and I'd like to replace the short 6' cord with a longer 25' or something like that.
                Well since it will void your warrenty, why dont you just plug a 20' or so extension cord on to your DA and store it with the DA? If you never unplug it from you DA it is like having a longer cord? right?
                You left out licking the water off. Oh, wait a minute, that's my cat, not my car. Uh, I mean my cat licks himself dry. I don't lick my cat dry. Or my car. -PC.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');