• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#40 -- the #16 of interior care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #40 -- the #16 of interior care?

I never paid all that much attention to interior protectants until my wife got a Tacoma with a light grey interior and I got 2007 Hemi with a light grey interior. It seems that the hard plastic in both interiors scuffs very easly and I'll spending time trying to minimize the scuffs.

Being Meguiars Car Crazy, I have most of Mequiars products on hand including #39 and #40, Quick Interior Detailer and now some Natural Shine.

#39 and #40 have been around a mighty long time. Might these products be considered "interior classics" just like #7 and #16 are ""exterior classics"? And if this is true, might Natural Shine and NXT Protectant both be considered the "latest and the greatest" just like NXT tech wax and in reality be better products for today's new interior materials?

So what do you thnk?

Tom

Re: #40 -- the #16 of interior care?

That might be the case.... although I have never used #39 or #40, seems they have been around sometime and are true favorites of many. They are easy to find and from what I have read they always provide results.

They are on my list of things to get but I have far to many interior products in my collection!
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Yep, #40 is a good one! It actually leave no shine on my dash board. It smells like TW F21, but it actually works LOL. It give the new look that isn't slippery or greasy, just like the dash is new.
      Patrick Yu
      2003 Honda Accord
      2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Sneek, when you shine your dash with #40 does it turn out to have an even shine? My interior is dark grey but for some reason the passenger airbag cover always stays really dull while the section of dashboard in front of it at the base of the windsheild becomes shiny. It's really annoying...just wondering if you have that problem too. Maybe the materials are different and respond different to the #40?
        -------------
        John 17:3
        -------------

Comment

nope. I don't know what its called but they part of the dash above the gauge cluster is shiney but every where else is pretty even. If you apply mutliple coats then you get an un-even shine on the part of the dash above the vents.

I think I have 3 or 4 coats of #40 on it. I need more UV protection just because its black
          Last edited by sneek; Nov 27, 2006, 06:33 PM.
          Patrick Yu
          2003 Honda Accord
          2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');