• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some weird stuff going on here at MOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some weird stuff going on here at MOL

Things seem to be a little off tonite.

Not showing new posts in order under the search.

My reply went to the top and moved thread starter to the last spot.

And some dern purple barney colored bars on my screen!!

Maybe my PC (not my PC, but my computer) got some sort of virus or sumthin!

See what I mean a dude posted his first post and his post count is 0..Mustang thread

Weird I tell ya!

Comment

running into the same weird things Scrubb: I tried posting some links from my photo gallery and got several "Server busy" responses. Go figger!
      Card carrying Wax-aholic

Comment

if you look on the overspray removal thread Mike P has a posted dated 7-7-04........thats tomorrow. maybe thats how he's able to do so much in one day.?
        2019 GMC Sierra
        1500 AT4

Comment

Since moving Meguiar's Online to the new server, there have been some corrupted tables, and some other quirky happenings.

I think just a little more tweaking and it will be back to normal.

(Cross your fingers)

Mike
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

test
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

don't know if it really matters, and maybe you aready knew this, but my post today are dated yesterday. also when I post it doesn't go to the top (I'm sure that has to do with the date.)
              2019 GMC Sierra
              1500 AT4

Comment

Server update...

Possibly I can explain some of the quirks with this information:

1. I had the permissions on the photo gallery wrong, causing the photo gallery not to work.

2. The SQL database was not tuned for the load. It stalled and I had to crash the server to restart. This caused database corruption and several hours of repair work to find the problem. A rare event, but it happens with databases.

3. The server's clock was a day ahead. I turned the clock back, which messed with all posts created yesterday. After today they should be fine because the dates on the posts/threads will be in order.

The benefit of this work will be realized ast this forum/community moves forward. It is on a private server and no longer contends for system resources.

Regards,
                David Bynon

Comment

Re: Server update...

Originally posted by Admin

1. I had the permissions on the photo gallery wrong, causing the photo gallery not to work.

2. The SQL database was not tuned for the load. It stalled and I had to crash the server to restart. This caused database corruption and several hours of repair work to find the problem. A rare event, but it happens with databases.

3. The server's clock was a day ahead. I turned the clock back, which messed with all posts created yesterday. After today they should be fine because the dates on the posts/threads will be in order.

The benefit of this work will be realized ast this forum/community moves forward. It is on a private server and no longer contends for system resources.

Regards,
                  David Bynon
                  All sounds good, hope it all works out, its driving me nuts!

Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                  Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Wow,
                    Autopia David Dynon is the Admin. I never knew that.

Comment

Re: Server update...

Originally posted by Admin

Maybe I'll have to try posting to the gallery again!! (crosses his fingers)
                      Lew

"...will separate aircraft for food"

My Mercedes Benz S600

Comment

Now the post counts are lower than earlier tonite. I've lost quite a few.

Comment

I just noticed that Mike Phillips lost about 3000 posts.
                          r. b.

Comment

yup me too that's what made me notice that. He was pushing 10,000 posts.

Comment

What happend Mike??....

=P

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');