• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Meguiars Products are equivalent to TriZact?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Meguiars Products are equivalent to TriZact?

The BMW shop where I do small production detailing (i.e. late model used BMW's for complete reconditioning) uses 3M Trizact products. I use their 3000 grit sanding pads on a Snap On air orbital, then compound, then Glaze. Surprisingly, the final wax is Meguiars #26 (because it doesn't dry white).

Would the new SoLo system be the route to take?

Thanks

Toto
    Card carrying Wax-aholic

Re: Which Meguiars Products are equivalent to TriZact?

Originally posted by Totoland Mach View Post
    The BMW shop where I do small production detailing (i.e. late model used BMW's for complete reconditioning) uses 3M Trizact products. I use their 3000 grit sanding pads on a Snap On air orbital, then compound, then Glaze. Surprisingly, the final wax is Meguiar's #26 (because it doesn't dry white).

Would the new Solo system be the route to take?

Thanks

Toto
    No.

The Solo System is for fresh paint, you state you're working on factory cured paint.

I do small production detailing (i.e. late model used BMW's for complete reconditioning)

(At least that's how it reads)

If you're working older finishes, the our 80's series is the recommended line of products.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Mike: Thanks for that information! Yes, the cars I work on are typically 2-3 year old BMW's coming off lease, so the paint is not new.

I was wondering if the new SoLo system would work on these finishes, but you answered my question.

I appreciate that Sir!

Totoland Mach
      Card carrying Wax-aholic

Comment

with that said, i'll not buy the solo buffing cream then . I thought it worked on cured finishes...so i'll get some 83 instead.
        " Sometimes logic is your friend (Mike-In-Orange)"

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');