• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need your Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need your Recommendation

Here's a pic of the hood on my rav4

there are visible cobwebs under the sun, but otherwise it looks nice...

I've been using #7 and #26 in the past on this car but only by hand...

Lately, I got hold of 2 pcs W-8000 and 2 pcs W-9000. This is my current lineup of megs: ScrathX, ColorX, DCS(1 to 3), CleanerWax, #26, #7 and NXT... will any of these applied by machine do the trick of removing the swirls? Or should I get my hands on DACP and #82? and a more aggressive pad(or wool)?

Here is also another pic of my mitsubishi van(L300 Spacegear)... It has some watermarks and the swirls are much much more evident and deeper. I've used ScratchX on this surface as well as ColorX but the swirls are still there.

By the way, I don't have a PC but I have a Makita 9227C. PC is not available in my country...

http://www.toolmarts.com/mak_9227c.html
    Check out My Sounddomain Page! Click here

Hi LiveWire,

I'll try to help out, but first I have to resize your pictures, 700 pixels wide is as large as anyone should ever post or it will cause most people to have to horizontal scroll. I have a 19" monitor and I have to horizontal scroll.

Pictures that are larger than 700 pixels wide make it difficult to understand the story because people cannot see the complete photo. Does that make sense? (Pictures tell stories better than words).

I'll be right back...

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hi LiveWire,

If you're going to use a rotary buffer with the above mentioned, W-8006 and W-9006 foam pads, and your goal is to remove the defects, then you should try to get your hands on some #83 DACP and some #82 SFP.

Good luck...

Mike

p.s.

Here's a tutorial on resizing images using a really cool, free software program.

How-to Crop and Resize your photos before uploading them to your gallery
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

thanks!

more questions though ... sorry, this is my first to use a machine

1.) When using DACP or #82, should I use 1 pad to apply it and then another to wipe them off? Or use 1 pad(w8000) to apply DACP until it completely dissolves then buff again with a clean w9000 pad?
        2.) At what speed is #82, #83 and NXT most effective? 3k, 4k on the rotary?
        3.) Can I use the W-8000 pad on a Paint Cleaner like DCS Paint cleaner?
        4.) here's what I was thinking:
        I'm planning to use DCS paint cleaner or Cleaner Wax first using w8000, then DACP(w8000) and or #82, then top off with NXT(w9000). Is this ok?
        5.) can I use a w-9000 pad to buff the whole car?

PS.
        sorry about the last pic... I forgot the size of the image on my digicam was set to 1.2MP...
        Check out My Sounddomain Page! Click here

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');