• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mixing DC1 & DC2 together in one btl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixing DC1 & DC2 together in one btl?

Hi guys. Merry Christmas. Have anyone tried mixing up DC1 & DC2 together. I'm planning of pouring it into my blender and mix it up. I'm trying tomorrow. Any idea what solution should I mix? I'm thinking of 60:40 solution. Hehehe. It'll be my own DIY DACP. Hahahaha.

Since can't get hold of DACP for past 3 weeks of searching. That's why I plan to mix it myself. Huh... Maybe add a bit of ScratchX into the mixture too. What do u think...? And some chunks of M#16 into the blend too. Hehehe.

Re: Mixing DC1 & DC2 together in one btl?

Well, you can try whatever you like... but I dont think adding wax would work as well as mixing cleaner and polish. Though I have no real basis for that....
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

WOW. . . u can do that? man youre one crazy meguairs user! and since your at it, why don't you put some NXT too. . .
      before u rev em up, shine em up!

Comment

U r rite. Forget the wax solution. The cleaners would clean it up while I'm applying it too rite... I get the picture. Thks Murr1525.

Comment

Who knows, the whole thing might be weird, but I cant imagine Cleaner/Wax chemistry being that straightforward....
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

DC1 has pretty strong chemical cleaners (relativly speaking) and I would imagine that they may (I have no idea for sure) "attack and remove" the polishing oils in DC2.
            Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

Back in the Mid-80s, the Deep Crystal system did not have 3 steps as today. There was only the polish (equivalent to DC #2) and wax. I used to mix Dupont #7 cleaner/polish with Deep Crystal polish to reduce steps. It worked very well. Then Meguiars came out with Mirror Glaze #9 to do the same thing, and I started buying that instead.

Comment

I just wanted the DC1 to be thicker thats all. I didn't expect to use it as a one step. Anyway I've tried DC1&DC2 solution 70:30 already. It worked ok. I can rub it longer on the surface as it doesn't dry up that fast & remove more swirls & light scratches. Hehehe. I know that all the polish oil would be clean up as expected. But surprisingly it still can remove light scratches. I would think it won't be strong enough since I would mess up the chemicals. But it still work as a charm. I notice it makes it easier to wipe off since maybe there's some polish oil or it doesn't dry up so fast...????

Maybe my next experiment would mix Nxt wax with M#20. Make the Nxt thicker. Hehehe. More polymer into the solution....Hehe...What to u guys think? Waste I can't mix more Carnauba into M#16....Hehehe.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');