• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's Hits Homerun with Hyper Dressing D170

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiar's Hits Homerun with Hyper Dressing D170

Hey all I have not been around alot it is summer and we are just booming with buisness. I wanted to tell the professional detailer's out there that this brand new product could revolutionize the way we think of engine dressing and tire dressing interior coating etc.

First off let me say I am the absolute worst about new products and I would never endorse anything I have not used personally. However Rod Kraft (great guy) Came to me with one of those miracles in a bottle things that never happen ( he is a regional manager for Meguiar's in the north east . ) Well any way he told me that there is a new product coming out and wanted me to try it. I shrugged and said ok.The product was this hyper dressing mixed four to one in a spray bottle. I looked at it and smelled it then looked at him like he had a third head on his shoulders or something. He said to try it . so I gave it a shot on a dirty tire that had never been washed I sprayed it on just to see what it could (I am not endorsing this idea ) The tire came out looking brand new. I have to say It was shocking . So we had a car that the engine was just cleaned on I tried it and again it made the engine look brand new. Again shocked we tried it on interior components dashs etc. made it look brand new . Now this one chemical just saved me time and money because we used the same bottle. I do not like silicones for several reasons but the biggest one is it is very hard to get overspray off so when we used any tire dressing we were extremely careful to not get it all over the place.Silicones also make your work enviroment unsafe because when they are sprayed on concrete surfaces it is like walking on banana skins.

This product that the genious's at meguiar's have came up with is water based. So it is very easy to use and extremely body shop safe . I told the company that sends me my products about it and now they are selling it to all the body shops.

Alll I have to say id try it yourself .... You will not believe your eyes... Thanks for reading Bill...\
    PS ask Mike phillips were you can get it ... I am telling you with this stuff all your hardest problems can be resolved over night
    Bill Orlando

Great write up!! I'm slowly purchasing Detailer line products and was debating this product but you sent me over the top.

What about durability outside and dust collection inside?? GC trim detail seems wo run off after rain even a few days later.. Does this product hold up better?

Thanks again for the info.
    Last edited by scrub; Jul 7, 2004, 06:29 AM.

Comment

If I only had a source locally...

Jim
      If it was easy, everybody'd be doing it!

www.jimmybuffit.com

Comment

Hi Billorlando,

I appreciate that you like this new product and I really appreciate you posting your thoughts on it after the results you obtained, but I must step in here and point out to you and everyone reading this thread, that Hyper Dressing does contain silicone.

The exact type of silicone and the percentage in the formula, I do not know.

From the Technical Bulletin,

Features
        Highest gloss possible inside or out
        Customizable to suit customer preference
        Dilutes up to 4:1

pH = 7.3

Paintable = No

Dilution - Water:Product
        High Gloss 1:1 (8 pumps per 32 oz bottle)
        Medium Gloss 2:1 (6 pumps per 32 oz bottle)
        Satin Finish 3:1 (4 pumps per 32 oz bottle)
        Natural Finish 4:1 (3 pumps per 32 oz bottle)

Application
        Using the included hand pump, dilute to proper specification, spray or wipe on surface. Allow to dry.

Pro Tips
        To restore shine and luster to all engine components, clean engine compartment with Super Degreaser or Safe D-Greaser, blow excess water with compressed air and apply liberal amounts of diluted Hyper-Dressing and allow to dry.

I'll e-mail Rod about this thread, we want to make sure that this product isn't being used inside of fresh paint environments.

Mike

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hey Mike

Could you send me some more info on D170 hyper dressing. Meguiars Canada doesn't always carry the great things you guys have down there and I would like to get some of the these products accross the border. Currently I have to use Carbrites Summit for a water based dressing and frankly the cost is a little extreme.
          Dodge makes 'em...the Hemi shakes 'em

Comment

Where can I find this "Included Hand Pump"? I just got my gallon of hyper dressing today and the pump has either been eaten by my UPS guy or It was not shipped to begin with.
            Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord

Comment

The pump, along with the bottles, are backordered due to a fire. From what I was told by customer service, they should be available in the next week.
              Quadruple Honda Owner
              Black cars are easy!

Comment

I have alrdy recieved my Hyper Dressing...will they mail me the hand pump when they get it in stock?
                Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord

Comment

hyperdressing

i love this stuff!!! i used 40 for years on the interior but could never get it to look natural,but at 2 to 1 the hyper makes things look just clean and not slimy or overdressed. on tires i use it alittle more than 3 to 1 which looks good but again ,not overdressed. i also use it in the wheelwells as it dries by the time i am finished with the car. hope we can get dedicated bottles soon as my supplier told me about the fire ,but did not know when he would see them
                  good luck all!!
                  mike at the shine shop

Comment

i also use it in the wheelwells as it dries by the time i am finished with the car. hope we can get dedicated bottles soon as my supplier told me about the fire ,but did not know when he would see them
                    What ratio do you use it for the wheel wells? Anybody know when they are going to get the secondary bottles in?

Comment

hyperdressing

i use the same as for tires. i mix it at 3 to 1 than put 1 more pump in. i find that it flows out very well and looks deep and black ,even over cruddy wheelwells. by the way, i wash my bmw every time before i pick up a customers car, and this dressing lasts as long as any on the market. now,if you are after that see your reflection in the tires shine ,go with the hot shine spray. i just don't like that.
                      good luck
                      mike at the shine shop,still hoping to be hired by meguiars
                      mike at the shine shop

Comment

mike, iwish i could talk the wife into moving to california,but as of now if i did it would cost me half !! then it would take to long to walk! we are in maryland,and my wife is a wva hillbilly who actually likes the snow! anyway thanks for the reply
                        mike at the shine shop

Comment

I've got some Hyper Dressing too. Excellent product. My default ratio is 2:1, since at that dillution, I can use it on pretty much any surface and get an excellent gloss that isn't too 'ricer' shiny. Love the grape smell too.
                          Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

We have gone through over 10 gallon of mixed product, hyper dressing.
                            We use it for the most part on wheel wells and hard to dress tires. I believe #40 still is the better choice for tires and interiors.

I believe that hyper dressing offers very little if any UV protection.
                            Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

The label doesn't mention UV protection like #40 does. Hmm I wonder.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');