• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foam Gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foam Gun

I have seen post from individuals who claim to use a foam gun i.e. Foamaster. In searching the Internet, I see that these guns run $50 +, is there a less expensive alternate to the gun?
    Jezroj
    Sunnyside, California

Re: Foam Gun

Order directly from Gilmour.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

For a single wash do you recommend the quart or 1/2 gal, the 4oz or multi-adjustable?
      Jezroj
      Sunnyside, California

Comment

Well, I have the 1qt, and it about does one car. I have had to occaisonaly refill, so for a bigger vehicle, or if you want to be certain, maybe you want bigger.

And definately the brass adjusstable. Kind of depends what soap conentration you use, but the adjustable gives you some lee-way.

Comment

Karcher do this one: -

I use it all the time to apply a prewash and/or TFR, it costs

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
            And definately the brass adjusstable. Kind of depends what soap conentration you use, but the adjustable gives you some lee-way.
            Would stem adjustable be better or one with dial (http://www.gilmour.com/Cleaning_Main...oamasterII.asp)?

Thank you in advance!

Zoran

Comment

I am sure both work fine, I went with the brass for durability, and it at least looks easier to clean... and because Accumulator told me too....

Comment

I am sure both work fine, I went with the brass for durability, and it at least looks easier to clean... and because Accumulator told me too....
                When Accumulator tells you to do it then you do it , but if they don't have hidden differences I am not aware of, are practically identical, my gut feeling tells me to go with Foamaster II as I have impression it will be more durable, thin attachment bottle is hanging from on regular Foamaster (vs. neck of bottle going straight onto rest) makes me uncomfortable because thin metal to plastic connection usually lead to jiggling and cracking of plastic, and metal-to-metal sliding pin will be either too tight until it wears down, and then too lose, or too lose from the get go.

Thanks for helping me make up my mind.

Comment

It actualy looks like there is a brass connection in the lid of the bottle, so it isnt too dangly, but I dont think there is any big differences. Now with the bigger liquid bottle, that might be something. It would also matter if you used certain chemicals. But you can always ask when you call, just to verify. They seem pretty knowledgable.

Comment

Now with the bigger liquid bottle, that might be something.
                    That's exactly what's on my mind as I am thinking of using their half gallon bottles to be able to foam more than one car in a row. On the other hand I am starting to think holding half a gallon will be tiring after a while so maybe I should get a quart one and few extra quart bottles. Actually, not maybe. Forget half gallon one.

But you can always ask when you call, just to verify.
                    Definitely. I already tried but they were already closed by that time.

Comment

You can probably order a spare bottle in the other size.

I ordered some Quick Connects and Shut-Offs as well when I got mine. But dont get the Full Flow connectors though, the spinning cuff doesnt work right with weight hanging on it. I actualy just use a solid one-piece one from Home Depot now. But I love the quick-connects.

Comment

I ordered some Quick Connects and Shut-Offs as well when I got mine. ... But I love the quick-connects.
                        Definitely. Whole point of getting it is to make my life easier so quick connects and shut-offs are a must for me.

Comment

here is a movie of the gilmore foam gun in action ,it is using poorboy's 50% sss
                          and 50% bug squash just postng vid to show how the foam gun works

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by RAYJAY View Post
                            here is a movie of the gilmore foam gun in action ,it is using poorboy's 50% sss
                            and 50% bug squash just postng vid to show how the foam gun works
                            Thanks for posting it! I was hoping for more foam but it will still do, because what I am looking for is to speed up and simplify the wash process as too much of it is hard on my back.

Comment

Hi guys,

This is what I get using the yellow Karcher foam gun shown in the picture above: -

Bryan

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');