• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water sheeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water sheeting

In case this wasn't mentioned before, I thought I'd share something I learned on the Corvette forum. Pre-wash the car by spraying down all the usual dirt accumulating spots like fenders and rear fascia to loosen the dirt. After washing, do the final rinse with the hose nozzle removed. A gentle trickle with the open hose makes it easier to dry the car. Using this technique I was able to wash my convertible with the top down and not get the windows wet. The sheeting action doesn't leave any spots.
    C5 Vette

Re: Water sheeting

That is a great trick. Saves a lot of time and the less I wipe the car with a drying towel the better in my opinion. A buddy of mine has a in line filtration system and uses the same approach and just lets his cars drip dry.

Comment

Great trick, I've been using it for years, but an even better trick is a rinseless wash like QEW or ONR.

Comment

I learned that trick from who else......................Mike Phillips! It does save a lot of time.

RamAirV1
        2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
        2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Thats how I wash my car, I still dry it off afterwards though.

Graeme

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');