• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

# 16 Is Dangerous...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: # 16 Is Dangerous...

I have picked up two cans of this myself, couldn't help it really, on sale for about $7 can. Haven't used any though...I imagine it would look awesome on black.

Still teetering on going back and getting the bottles of MPPC and MPPP for the collection.

Comment

The tough part when you have ample #16 is what do you tell people to get as a substitute? Is there really a substitute for perfection? I think the new stuff, NXT and stuff is great on most cars, but on a silver or white car, nothing beats #16. Is #26 the new #16?

Comment

I haven't had a chance yet to compare the two, but I got to say, #26 is just plain awesome. It creates a deep, clear finish, and it's really easy to apply. Plus it doesn't make the cracks in my trucks clear coat show up like most other waxes do.
        Lydia's Mobile Detailing
        Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
        2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

Lydia,

What do you use on the plastic body panels on your R1100RT? Same as car wax or the motorcycle specific waxes Meguiars came out with?

Comment

I use #26. One thing to keep in mind is, you are not treating what is underneath the paint (whether it be fiberglass, plastic, or metal), you are treating the paint itself. I use the same thing on bikes as I do on cars. Meguiar's motorcycle line is good I'm sure, but I personally didn't see any reason to get the motorcycle specific wax since I already have probably 7 different kinds of wax. The base technology for the motorcycle wax is the same as the base technology for A-12 Cleaner Wax (which I happen to have over 1/2 gallon of). The only product I have purchased in the Meguiar's motorcycle line is the EZ Clean, and I haven't had a chance to use it yet.

I noticed you asked in another thread about what to use on seats so they aren't slick. I use #40 (from the professional line) and it works great. It "brings the black back" and protects without being slippery.
            Lydia's Mobile Detailing
            Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
            2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

Originally posted by pcfxer View Post
              One might say that #16 improves fuel mileage.
              SYDSTER

Comment

where is it possible to get #16 now?
                I'm addicted to cars...I'm thinking about checking into the Henry Ford clinic. - Tim Allen, Home Improvement

Comment

Originally posted by tacomachas View Post
                  where is it possible to get #16 now?

Email Kevin at: iamwaxman@aol.com

He sells it.
                  Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Really nice answer to Buellwinkle Lydia. Thank you.
                    Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Buellwinkle View Post
                      The tough part when you have ample #16 is what do you tell people to get as a substitute? Is there really a substitute for perfection? I think the new stuff, NXT and stuff is great on most cars, but on a silver or white car, nothing beats #16. Is #26 the new #16?
                      M16 creates a gloss surface, like you point out, that's good for light colored cars but if you're working on clear coats then it's relative, by this we mean if it's making you silver clearcoated car look glossy it's going to make a black clearcoated car look glossy because they both have clear coats.

Truth is, I've used as much M16 as anyone and probably more as I put it on ever car I detailed for 10 years, that's a lot of M16. I don't use it today because in most cases I'm trying to make all paint look as good as it can and it's pretty hard to beat NXT Tech Wax.

Black is the best test of any wax or paint sealant, and we'll have a chance to show this in about 3 weeks.

Should be fun!
                      Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');